Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience and qualificationsAbout SMUSMU’s more than 12,000 diverse, high-achieving students come from all 50 states and 90 countries to take advantage of the University’s small classes, hands-on research opportunities, leadership development, community service, international study and innovative programs. The University offers a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences and undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs through eight schools.Now in its second century of achievement, SMU is increasingly recognized for the ways it supports students, faculty and alumni as they become ethical leaders in their professions and communities. On the most beautiful college campus in the country, SMU Mustangs are energized by unbridled opportunities – from teaching, learning and research to creativity, performance and athletic endeavor.About the Department:SMU’s Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering, founded in 1925, is one of the oldest engineering schools in the Southwest. The school offers eight undergraduate and 29 graduate programs, including master’s and doctoral degrees, through the departments of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Computer Science; Electrical and Computer Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; and Operations Research and Engineering Management. Lyle students participate in programs in the unique Deason Innovation Gym, providing the tools and space to work on immersion design projects and competitions to accelerate leadership development and the framework for innovation; the Hart Center for Engineering Leadership, helping students develop nontechnical skills to prepare them for leadership in diverse technical fields; the Caruth Institute for Engineering Education, developing new methodologies for incorporating engineering education into K-12 schools; and the Hunter and Stephanie Hunt Institute for Engineering and Humanity, combining technological innovation with business expertise to address global poverty.About the Position:This role is an on-campus, in-person position.This position is responsible for generating revenue through development of prospective student contact lists, outbound cold calling, follow-up with applicants to encourage enrollment in programs, and ensuring applicants who apply move forward in the process to matriculation. This position will also be responsible for establishing new business contacts to promote graduate level masters and doctoral programs.We seek an Assistant Director who shares our values of a diverse and equitable workplace based on collaborative teamwork, personal initiative, and a commitment to consistency and excellence.Essential Functions:
- Organize, and hold information sessions/webinar sessions to educate prospective students on the benefits of a Lyle graduate education, & recruit prospective students to apply to the Lyle School. Attend education fairs, and conferences for targeted prospective students and corporate partners. Identify organizations to increase graduate enrollment. Duties include cold calling, & lead generation.
- Serve as a point of contact for prospective students. Provide additional information to prospects in a personalized manner to ensure a smooth application process, leading to a complete application.
- Work closely with admitted prospective students to support their transition to enrollment in the Lyle School. Recruiter has responsibility of cultivating student relationships to support the growth of graduate enrollment within the Lyle School.
- Work closely with academic departments to recruit students for all program modality offerings (on-campus, distance education and executive format programs). Hold information sessions for prospective students. The Assistant Director will work closely with academic departments, marketing, and the Dean's Office to recruit and enroll the best qualified graduate students into the Lyle School.
- Responsible for the execution of retention activities for graduate programs. Information advising; semester check in; serve as liaison for incoming students within Lyle; and monitor enrollment data. Data and metric tracking will include analysis, updating databases and tracking related to student recruitment. Position will participate in strategic planning to identify and target new audiences for prospective students.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: A Bachelor’s degree is required for this role; A Master’s degree in engineering, math, science or business is preferred.A minimum of three (3) years or work experience is required, preferably in university graduate admissions, recruiting, and/or marketing. Direct sales experience is a plus.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to build relationships across a wide range of constituencies.Must possess the ability to make cold calls. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time and demonstrate strong presentation skills.Candidate must possess excellent organizational skills which include effective planning and project management. Must be focused on deadlines and attentive to details.Candidate should be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Presentation application software (i.e. PowerPoint, Prezi, Google Slides, etc.) for developing mail merge documents, reports prospective student presentations, etc. Experience with CRM is strongly preferred.Candidate must have outstanding written communication skills, including the proper use of spelling, grammar and punctuation, with the ability to produce error-free communications.Physical and Environmental Demands: This position must be able to:
- Bend, Stand
- Walk for long distances
- Reach above shoulders
- Handle objects (dexterity)
- Carry/lift 25 lbs.
- Sit for long periods of time
Deadline to Apply: This position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by August 9, 2022.EEO Statement: SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, [email protected]
.Benefits:SMU offers staff a broad, competitive array of health and related benefit
s. In addition to traditional benefits such as health, dental, and vision plans, SMU offers a wide range of wellness programs
to help attract, support, and retain our employees whose work continues to make SMU an outstanding education and research institution.SMU is committed to providing an array of retirement programs
that benefit and protect you and your family throughout your working years at SMU and, if you meet SMU's retirement eligibility criteria, during your retirement years after you leave SMU. The value of learning at SMU isn't just about preparing our students for the future. Employees have access to a wide variety of professional and personal development opportunities
, including tuition benefits
School of EngineeringSchedule:
Day JobEmployee Status:
Yes, 50 % of the TimeJob Posting:
Jul 26, 2022, 4:07:02 PM