Marketing Writer - Wharton External Affairs (Hybrid Eligible)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Marketing Writer - Wharton External Affairs (Hybrid Eligible)Job Profile Title
Staff Writer BJob Description Summary
Wharton External Affairs engages alumni and friends in meaningful, lifelong relationships with the School, sustaining and strengthening a culture of giving that creates positive impact among students and communities worldwide. Four distinct teams within External Affairs - Operations, Development, Alumni Relations, and Communications - work collaboratively across the School and the University to secure philanthropic commitments that empower teaching and learning, research, and dynamic programs that comprise a leading global business education. Wharton celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging among its esteemed students, faculty, staff, and alumni.Job Description
The candidate for the role of Marketing Writer will report to the Director of Communications in Wharton External Affairs. This position will undertake a wide range of writing for strategic marketing and communications to support alumni engagement and fundraising. This includes written content for all print and electronic vehicles including alumni event marketing outreach, newsletters, marketing and cultivation materials to support fundraising efforts, annual fund solicitations, and other projects and deliverables as needed. The staff writer will respond quickly to project requests and deliver high-quality writing on tight deadlines while managing multiple assignments simultaneously. The staff writer will also serve as a primary editor and proofreader of all written content, ensuring accuracy, grammatical precision, tone, and adherence to the messages and strategic objectives of External Affairs.QUALIFICATIONS:
A bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, advertising or a related field is preferred and 2-3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Strengths in persuasive writing and annual fund writing a plus. The ability to internalize and tell the story of the Wharton brand and to communicate those values across a spectrum of media (including but not limited to print, email, web, video, social media, speech, and interactive displays) is essential. The ideal candidate is passionate about the written word in all its forms and is adept at writing succinct and energetic marketing copy as they are generating eloquent narrative prose. Experience working with graphic designers to create communications in which copy and visuals come together for maximum impact is a plus. The candidate must possess a keen attention to detail to ensure that all communications are free of errors. This candidate must also be able to efficiently process and respond to feedback as well as constructively partner with colleagues, maintaining open lines of communication to ensure projects are completed on time and to the highest level of quality. Knowledge of Microsoft office is required; familiarity with communications tools such as content management systems, email, social media, and project management platforms is strongly preferred. The position will require occasional evening and weekend work. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: A writing portfolio must be included in application in order to be consideredCover LetterResumeJob Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.Department / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower/Marketing-Writer---Wharton-External-Affairs--Hybrid-Eligible-_JR00056950
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency