The Admissions Assistant is responsible for representing the University both on- and off-campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process including at college fairs, high school visits, and other events.
- Program coordination including coordination and support of invitational programs of the Office of Admissions, as well as some others in conjunction with other campus offices.
- In close consultation with the Associate Director, manage ongoing strategic communications with high school and independent counselors, including email, print, and other media.
- Plan and implement recruitment activities for assigned high schools and territories, including travel both in and out-of-state.
- Works collaboratively with two-year and community colleges to increase transfer student enrollment.
- Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the University by in-person appointments, phone calls, emails and social media outlets.
- Review and score application essays and other materials submitted by applicants for the purposes of making admission decisions.
- Coordinate and contribute to the success of various student visit programs designed to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the University.
- Assist in the development and delivery of on-campus events and programs for counseling groups and individuals.
Bachelor’s degree with some admissions counseling and/or student outreach experience, or equivalent.
This position requires the ability to travel to remote locations and to load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment. Some evening and weekend hours required, especially during the travel season. Strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills are necessary, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations. Ability to represent the admissions profession positively through a strong, student-centered ethic. Basic familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software tools. Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references to Alison Garewski at [email protected]. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.