Adjunct clinical faculty for direct supervision of student clinical practice in acute care settings needed.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Facilitate hands-on patient care for clients in the specific clinical setting
- Enable and support student learning in the clinical setting
- Grade clinical paperwork assigned by the Department of Nursing, providing feedback for student growth
- Role model providing Christ-like care to others
- Support the goals of a liberal arts education with an ability to articulate the connection of the Christian faith to learning
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills are needed.
Specific Technical Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A Master’s degree or higher in nursing required
- Unencumber IL RN license
- Recent direct patient care experience in practice setting similar to clinical rotation
- Clinical teaching experience preferred
- BLS CPR Certification
- Documentation of meeting health requirements of the clinical facility
- Up-to-date immunizations/ vaccinations (Hep B, annual flu shot, Covid-19)
- Up-to-date titers for measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella
- Negative PPD or QuantiFERON Gold within the past year
Microsoft Office; Ability to learn and be competent in required hospital electronic health record systemSupervisory responsibilities
Responsible for assisting and supervising direct patient care of up to 8 clinical students/groups. Report to Department of Nursing Chair and or course-specific Clinical Coordinator.Decision Making
Responsible for ensuring that all Trinity Christian College Department of Nursing and clinical site expectations are being met, with the need for independent decision-making throughout the clinical dayExternal relationships and contacts
Must maintain a positive professional relationship with clinical site clients, staff, and managementPhysical demands and Working Conditions
Must be able to perform all job responsibilities of a bedside RN. Will be working primarily in an acute care facility providing direct patient care with students.
The desirable start date is August 2023. For further information about the position contact:
Dr. Tina Decker, Department of Nursing ChairTrinity Christian CollegePhone: 708-239-4725Email: Tina.Decker@trnty.edu
Only electronic application documents will be accepted.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the application process:
- Cover letter
- Three references (included within your vita or in a separate document)
- Faith Statement. In a separate document, please provide details about your Christian faith and faith practices.
- Mission and Diversity Statement. In a separate document, please provide a reflection on Trinity Christian College’s Mission and your experience working with diverse persons and in diverse settings. For your review, Trinity Christian College’s Mission and Diversity Statements can be found on our website under “Full Statements” at https://www.trnty.edu/about-us/who-we-are/
- Transcripts (Highest nursing degree)
Trinity Christian College is a four-year liberal arts college located in Palos Heights, Illinois, a suburb twenty miles southwest of Chicago. Since its founding in 1959, Trinity has provided its students with an excellent Christian higher education in the Reformed tradition. The College enrollment in the traditional program is about 1,100 with a vibrant residential program. We offer majors in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences, as well as professional programs in accounting and business administration, nursing, education, computer science, pre-medicine, and pre-law. Trinity also offers master’s programs in counseling psychology and special education as well as degree completion programs in education and business. Trinity Christian College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
Trinity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates.