Position Summary: The IT Support Specialist - Title III assists in staffing the IT Services Help Desk on hours when the Help Desk Coordinator and student workers are not available. Troubleshoots and resolves issues escalated by the Help Desk. Coordinates with other IT Services staff to facilitate resolution of issues that require additional expertise. Serves as the primary technical resource for the distribution, management, and support of student technologies provided by the university as part of the Title III grant program.
- Administer, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain computer hardware and software and other technology devices for faculty and staff.
- Provide troubleshooting and assistance to ensure students can access campus systems.
- Provide backup and assistance to Classroom Technology Support Specialist for management and troubleshooting of computers in classrooms and computer labs, as required.
- Provide support in staffing the IT Service Help Desk, as required.
- Utilize a ticketing system to track and manage support issues and requests.
- Coordinate with other IT Services staff to resolve issues requiring additional expertise.
- Provide primary support for, and assist in the acquisition, distribution, and management of computers and technology devices distributed as part of the university's Title III grant.
- Assist in the creation, management, and administration of user accounts in Active Directory.
- Assist in the imaging, deployment, and asset management of campus computers and associated technology devices.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Service-oriented with excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts and information in a compelling and empowering way.
- Skilled in developing and delivering training and effective support materials.
- Ability to manage student schedules and student needs while maintaining Tech Bar operations.
- Skilled in MS Windows and Apple OSX operating systems, Office 365, Google Suite, and mobile solutions (iOS, Android).
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud; Ability to research and learn about new programs as needed.
- Knowledge of web authoring tools, along with the necessary steps for managing digital identity, privacy, and security.
- Knowledge of instructional technology, learning theories, and instructional design desired.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting skills where needed.
- Ability to interact professionally with coworkers and customers, particularly in conflict situations.
- Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Skilled at organizing events, programs, projects and see them through to completion.
- An associate's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years experience in supporting and troubleshooting Windows computers preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse client population in a professional, customer-service-focused manner, including the translation of complex technical information for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to effectively manage time to ensure completion of assigned responsibilities both independently and within a team structure, as required
- A+ or similar certification is a plus, but not required
- Experience in Active Directory user management is a plus, but not required
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Scheduled for 40 hours a week
- Some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.