Job Location: Life Chiropractic College West HQ - Hayward, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Not Specified
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Admin - Clerical
Life Chiropractic College West (Life West), is a leader in chiropractic education. Our dedicated focus on the profession sets us apart from other institutions making our doctoral and continuing education programs some of the most sought after in the world.
Through a leading-edge curriculum and clinical training experience we provide graduates with the knowledge, skills, philosophies, attitudes, and competencies to be the best in their field. Life West also empowers transformation. We believe that an outstanding education provides opportunities and resources far beyond the classroom experience. Our mission is to support the full career lifecycle from the classroom to retirement.
The vision of Life West is to create a brighter future for humanity through graduating chiropractors who have a deep understanding of service, and of the innate potential of the human body to heal and adapt to its environment. The Doctor of Chiropractic program prepares graduates for personal and professional fulfillment in a climate of giving, doing, loving and serving from a place of abundance.
Life Chiropractic College West has seen rapid growth and development in the last five years. The Administrative Assistant to the President will be responsible for providing general administrative support to the President and assisting with diverse projects.
- Communicates with vendors, guests, faculty and students by phone, through email, and in-person
- Assists the President with administrative needs including, but not limited to: phones, distributing mail and setting up appointments and meetings
- Coordinates and schedules events, conferences, meetings, travel, conference rooms, luncheons, etc.
- Assists with booking travel and preparing itineraries
- Creates meeting notifications and takes minutes as needed
- Prepares payment requisitions, credit card reconciliations, and expense reports and tracks supplier and project costs
- Organizes and maintains files and records in digital and physical formats
- Maintains and monitors calendars
- Staffs presidential events, including, but not limited to: luncheons, dinners, and seminars
- Plans and schedules projects and ensures timely completion
- Coordinates, creates, edits, and distributes internal and external correspondence
- Composes, designs, and edits correspondence and reports
- Manages and maintains office supply inventory
- Maintains the security of confidential information
- Other duties as assigned
GENERAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS
In addition to satisfactory performance of all of the responsibilities for this position, all College employees must fulfill the following basic performance expectations:
1. Values, Mission and Goals: All employees are expected to know and work in accordance with the College’s values, mission and goals as set out in the College’s Strategic Plan.
2. Customer Service: All College employees will strive to provide outstanding customer service to everyone they serve including, students, the community and fellow employees.
3. Grooming and Appearance: College employees are expected to maintain a professional image and a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
4. Safety Awareness: College employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthy working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment as provided, depending on the position.
5. Attendance Standards: College employees are expected to attend to their work assignments and schedules at all times, pursuant to the College’s Employee Handbook.
6. Training: College employees are expected to give attention to continuous assessment and improvement of the position’s assigned set of duties and responsibilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, calendaring, and managing digital assets
- Excellent calendar management and logistical skills
- College Degree preferred
- At least 3 years of related experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information; collect, compile, and prepare work documents; and set up and maintain work files.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to retrieve and place materials on high and floor-level shelves. Ability to stand; walk, carry, grasp, hear, see, sit, kneel, climb, balance, stoop, crouch, and reach.
Work performed in a general office environment.
LIFE WEST'S COMMITMENT
Life West is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, Life West does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information or any other protected classifications in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice in accordance with the needs of Life West. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job; duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.