This position will be an Adult Basic Education math instructor at the Western MD prison facilities working a maximum of 28 hours per week.
A. The ABE math instructor reports directly to and is responsible to Dean of Workforce Solutions and Continuing Education and the correctional institution’s principal.
B. The ABE math instructor coordinates most closely with Dean of Workforce Solutions and Continuing Education and the principal of the correctional institute.
A. List major duties of the position ranging from the most to least important.
1. Create a classroom learning environment in which assigned inmates students make measurable progress toward identified educational goals as indicated by the successful completion of requirements for Beginning Literacy Adult Skills Certificate and Basic Literacy Adult Skills Certificate II.
2. Provide instruction in a variety of methods to include whole group, small group and individualized instruction consistent with approved curriculum
3. Plan and organize time, in advance, to provide for effective instruction
4. Use formal and informal assessment tools to provide reliable and valid appraisal of student skills and achievement
5. Maintain and submit program and instructional records in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Create a physical and interpersonal climate that is conducive to learning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required; experience teaching Adult Basic Education preferred.