School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Job Title: Analyst IT, Sr. (Technical Lead)
This position reports to the Sr. Director of OASIS Computing, who is primarily responsible for the operational management of Office of Academic Solutions and Information Systems Computing Support Team in this organization. The Technical Lead is responsible for oversight and direction of IT security aspects of OASIS Computing function and maintains liaison with other OASIS and School of Medicine groups, the departmental clinical research units, and customer representatives.
The OASIS Computing team has the day-to-day responsibilities for configuring, implementing, and supporting approximately 14,000 workstations and 13,000 customers throughout Duke School of Medicine departments and divisions. The Technical Lead will work alongside other Technical Leads for hands-on implementing new back-end solutions and large-scale infrastructure changes and perform liaison activities with new and existing customers to meet business demand. The Technical Lead also serve as tertiary support and guidance for OASIS Computing team leads.
- Understanding and support of Active Directory structure and group policies
- Work with OASIS Computing Director and other Technical Leads to develop a technical strategic vision
- Provide project progress and report status and metrics to OASIS Computing Director
- Participate in other project planning efforts as they relate to OASIS Computing initiatives, including project management on key efforts
- Provide input on personnel technical performance
- Implement workstation automation efforts
- Website content management
- Working closely with clinical research units to maintain data storage adherence to Human Subject Research Data compliance
- Reviewing Research Data Study Plan submissions
- Monitoring and reporting on status of network share access rights
- Assisting other groups, including the Information Security Office and the Research Integrity Office, in investigations
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Required: BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant technical training or experience
Minimum of eight years of IT Support experience is required, of which at leave three years should have been in an information security operations, engineering, or related role. Excellent computer support skills, including OSX and Windows Win10 client experience and a good understanding of workstation and file server operations, maintenance, and repair.Local area networking and communication fundamentals, including Windows 2016/2019 server, Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix environment, database basic troubleshooting, not limited to server base connectivity issues.Requires understanding and basic knowledge of workstation remote management and software distribution.LAN management or programming experience focused on the installation, operation, and maintenance of Windows based workstations and/or file servers and attached peripherals, not excluding profile administration under Microsoft Active Directory. Functional experience with remote application deployment and patch management using tools such as BigFix and CasperAWS/Azure cloud computing management
Preferred: Duke SoM experience/technical leadership experience
- Project management
- Technical writing
- Network security
- Virtual computing management
- Comprehensive understanding of a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, on both workstation and server systems
- Familiarity with remote workstation management and software distribution
- Must have a working knowledge of the HIPAA Security Rule, FISMA, or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following characteristics through past professional and educational experiences:
- A broad understanding of multiple IT disciplines and technologies
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently or as part of a team as necessary
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Self-starter who is able to effectively use professional judgement and work with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build relationships with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other third parties
Service Now Incident Mgmt./Asset Mgmt.
Academic environment and/or Duke experienceSix Sigma
One or more information security industry certifications are preferred
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.