St. John Fisher University, an independent, liberal arts institution in the Catholic tradition of American higher education, is undertaking a national search for its next Vice President for Finance and Administration and CFO. Located in Rochester, NY. St. John Fisher’s talented and dedicated faculty and staff of over 420 provide approximately 2,600 undergraduates and 1,000 graduate students a wide range of academic opportunities in liberal arts, pre-professional programs, business, education, nursing, and pharmacy.
The next Vice President for Finance and Administration and CFO will be an experienced, student-centric, collaborative, and transparent administrative leader who will:
- Provide visionary leadership for the Division of Finance and Administration;
- Partner with the President, Cabinet, and division staff to advance the strategic plan and financial health of the University; and
- Serve as an enthusiastic ambassador for the University, promoting and sustaining its commitment to excellence in service, innovation, and success for all members of the campus community.
The Vice President/CFO will provide leadership for the offices of information technology, human resources, facilities, and the controller. Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President will join the leadership team of a financially sound university that is experiencing significant growth and momentum and achieving impressive progress in the implementation of its strategic plan and comprehensive campaign. Key qualifications for the Vice President/CFO include:
- A record of success in the leadership of a complex organization;
- Vision for each of the areas within the Vice President’s portfolio, ability to think strategically, and commitment to strategic planning for the University and the division;
- Strong communication skills including listening, speaking, writing and advocacy, and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituencies; and
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrated expertise in financial planning, budget development, audit management, strategic and master planning, and construction planning.
- An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by September 1, 2022. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application and nomination links, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates, a national executive search firm, is assisting St. John Fisher University in this search. All confidential communications may be directed to our search team: Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner and Dr. Jean Scott, Senior Consultant at [email protected]