CAMP - Coll Assist Migrant Prog Austin, TX, USA Part TimeEmail Me This Job
Peer Academic Coach Program Coordinator - Part-Time (10 month appointment)
College Assistance Migrant Program
Academic Affairs/Student Success Center
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Peer Academic Coach Program Coordinator. The Peer Academic Coach Program Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the Peer Academic Coaching program for the College Assistance Migrant Program.
For consideration: Bachelor's Degree. Enrollment in Master's College Student Development program preferred. Prior experience in academic/student services helpful. Familiarity with supervising college students. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to manage tasks and projects independently as well as collaboratively with a team. Have a sincere desire and commitment to help undergraduate students. Knowledge of migrant programs helpful. Ability to work flexible hours.
- Recruit, hire, train and co-supervise a qualified pool of undergraduate Peer Academic Coaches
- Support students serving as Peer Academic Coaches to freshman
- Develop presentations and coaching materials for Peer Coaches
- Conduct training at the beginning of the semester and monthly during the semester
- Meet individually with Peer Coaches to assist them with developing personalized learning strategies for their mentees
- Work closely with CAMP professional staff to keep them informed of student's progress
- Organize regular (weekly, semi-weekly) meetings for Peer Academic Coaches
- Maintain program records, including attendance and notes about student progress
- Monitor Peer Coaches time and effort
- Conduct on-going needs assessments to identify areas for improvement
- Administer program evaluations to Peer Coaches to assess program success and modifications
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available: 8/01/2022 Full Job Description
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com