Vice President for Academic Affairs
William Jewell College, an independent liberal arts college in Liberty, Missouri, seeks a strong, experienced leader to serve as the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). The new Vice President will join the leadership team of President Elizabeth MacLeod Walls. The College invites applications and nominations from experienced and highly qualified leaders who are committed to providing excellent liberal arts and professional education.
William Jewell College is a four-year, private, residential liberal arts college with enrollment of just under 1,000 full-time students who enjoy all the amenities of a small-town campus setting with big-city access. Just 20 minutes from Kansas City, the 200-acre campus is perched above the historic town of Liberty among the rolling hills of western Missouri.
The College offers Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees in nearly 40 academic majors including nonprofit leadership, pre-professional programs, and self-designed majors. William Jewell’s highest-enrolled majors include business, psychology, nursing, biology, and teacher education. In addition, the College offers two Master’s degrees in Education, three graduate-level Diplomas in Music and supports a non-traditional undergraduate Accelerated Track Nursing program.
A complete Position Profile may be found at: https://www.agbsearch.com/searches/vice-president-for-academic-affairs-william-jewell-college
Desired Qualifications and Attributes
- An earned doctorate or the equivalent professional degree in a discipline in or related to academic programs available at William Jewell
- Experience in academic administration in a position of significant leadership in academic affairs: Significant teaching experience as a faculty member with tenure or eligible for promotion to a tenured position
- A demonstrated understanding of sound fiscal management and an ability to develop and manage budgets in consultation with constituents
- A record of accomplishment in the effective incorporation of technology in the classroom as well as experience expanding and implementing hybrid and online program development and creating modern learning environments
Nominations and Applications
All nominations, inquiries and applications will be received and evaluated in full confidence. The Search Committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue its work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, application materials should be received by the priority application deadline of September 2, 2022, and must include:
- a letter of interest addressing why the applicant is interested in this position and how the responsibilities and requirements described in the position profile are met;
- a current CV; and
- five professional references with email addresses, telephone numbers and an explanation of your professional relationship. References will not be contacted without prior authorization of the applicant.
Application materials should be sent electronically (MS Word or PDF format) to [email protected].
PLEASE DIRECT NOMINATIONS AND INQUIRIES TO:
Margaret Plympton, Ed.D., Principal, AGB Search, [email protected], 484.554.4542
Concetta Stewart, Ph.D., Principal, AGB Search, [email protected], 908.341.2178
Oscar C. Page, Ph.D., Executive Search Consultant, AGB Search, [email protected], 903.870.8303
William Jewell pursues a non-discrimination policy with regard to its educational programs and employment. As such, William Jewell does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law (collectively “protected statuses”), in matters of admissions, housing, or services, or in the educational programs and activities it operates. William Jewell’s prohibition on discrimination based on protected statuses also extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.