Senior Programmer Analyst
The Enterprise Applications team is responsible for the architecture, management, maintenance, security, and day-to-day support for the University of Richmond's Enterprise applications. As a member of this team, you will focus on technical expertise, customer service, and the development of solutions, which support University of Richmond's students, faculty, and staff.
University of Richmond is focused on the student experience and digital transformation is one the major ways this is accomplished. Hyland OnBase is the University's Enterprise Content Management solution.
We seek a Senior Programmer Analysts who is responsible for providing application administration, technical support, business analyst support, and application development for University of Richmond's OnBase implementation.
- Monitor the University's OnBase solution to maintain a high level of availability, usability and response rate
- Configure and maintain the University's OnBase implementation, which includes patching, upgrades, configuration, refreshes, and restores
- Collaboration with other IS teams such as DBA, System Administrators, and network team to maintain a secure, reliable, high performing infrastructure
- Administer measures to protect OnBase data, software, and hardware
- Identify and resolve complex OnBase business and technical solutions, utilizing product knowledge and troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Provide OnBase support to students, faculty, and staff
- Document common solutions and create knowledge articles for repeatable issues
- Collaborate with other IS teams and Hyland Technical Support when needed to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Provide documentation and training to students, faculty, and staff as needed
- Effectively manage and grow customer relationships
- Proactively meet with decision makers, system owners, and end users to define and prioritize business, financial, and operational requirements and system goals
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Facilitate sessions to prototype new workflows and associated data and process integrations for the purpose of enhancing business and operational processes
- Design, develop, and implement solutions that best meet the customer's requirements and anticipate future needs.
- Design and develop solutions that incorporate industry best practices, security, and reusability
- Consult with other experts as appropriate to design the best solutions
- Project Management - lead, prioritize, plan, coordinate, and communicate resource availability and project tasks/milestones for project implementations
- Collaborate with all stakeholders in the development of project time lines, requirements, design and testing
- Help develop and document best practices
- Hyland Software OnBase certifications:
- OnBase Certified System Administrator (OCSA)
- OnBase Certified Workflow Administrator (OCWA)
- 3 years of relevant work experience as an OnBase administrator, developer or consultant which includes:
- Hyland OnBase administration
- Hyland OnBase forms and workflow administration and development
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server and IIS administration
- Experience with Oracle and SQL
- Problem Solving and Customer Service experience
- Hyland Software OnBase certifications:
- OnBase Certified Workview Administrator (OCWV)
- OnBase Certified API Developer (OCAPI)
- 5 years of experience related to the support, administration or development of an Enterprise Content Management system
- Participated in or managed an OnBase upgrade
- Experience managing projects through each of the stages of the project life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as a team member
- Proficient knowledge of SQL, ODBC, and Oracle databases
- Proficient knowledge of C#, DOS and PowerShell scripting languages
- Proficient knowledge of Windows server and IIS administration
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years experience with business and/or technical process analysis and workflow development
- 2+ years experience configuring and proactively managing secure enterprise application environments
- 2+ years programming experience with languages/tools mentioned above (especially with MVC pattern).
- Proven experience using SQL, Excel and other query tools to gather and import data for analysis and reporting
- 2+ years experience with relational databases, SQL programming, and database stored procedures (Oracle PL/SQL preferred)
- 2+ years experience writing shell scripts in either a Windows and/or Unix/Linux server environment
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week (This position offers a hybrid work schedule)
Pay commensurate with experience.
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment.
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE