This person provides direct administrative support for the IGC Dean. In addition, this person works closely in collaboration with the IGC Staff Assistant to provide administrative support for two Associate Deans, as well as supervising and managing 16-20 students workers. This person coordinates several Kofi Anan Institute for Global Citizenship (KAIGC)-wide events and assists with the scheduling of some spaces in Markim Hall. This person also works with the administrative staff in the three KAIGC departments to coordinate the tracking and reporting of approximately 30 budget lines against an annual work plan.
To be successful, this person should be comfortable balancing multiple priorities and complex tasks. Professional communication, organization and initiative are essential to ensure successful service as a liaison between the two offices of the KAIGC, and between the Institute and collaborating offices and academic departments across campus. Finally, this person is expected to demonstrate initiative and creativity to help the Dean and Associate Deans refine and implement new activities or initiatives.
- Provides administrative support for the Dean's office by scheduling meetings, making reservations, drafting agendas and takes meeting minutes for followup.
- Leads the hiring, managing, and scheduling of the student worker pool (16-20) in the Dean's office. In addition, this position works closely with 5-10 students on communications-related projects and collaborates with other KAIGC offices to provide building orientation and training through regular meetings.
- Manages and provides summary information for the 31 IGC budget lines to the Dean. This work involves coordinating with administrative staff in the Community Engagement Center and the Center for Study Away.
- Provides lead administrative support for managing Markim Hall spaces, the annual International Round table event in the fall, and the Celebration of Global Citizenship in the spring. These efforts include close collaboration with the Communications office to create promotional materials, publicize events, manage social media, and update the KAIGC website.
- 3-5 years previous experience working as an administrative professional.
- Demonstrated competence with prioritizing work, decision making and logistics.
- Excellent organizational skills, including event planning.
- Demonstrated competence with Google and Microsoft packages;
- Demonstrated competence utilzing various social media platforms for communications and promotion.
- Experience managing multiple budget lines simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work occassional evening or weekend hours for events and special projects.
- Minimum of a GED or High School diploma. BA preferred.
Salary $35,000 to $43,000 DOQ
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by August 1, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.BenefitsMacalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Bob Graf, Director of Employment Services, at [email protected]