Provides administrative support to the Kofi Annan Institute for Global Citizenship (KAIGC) Dean’s Office and affiliated programs. Tracks budgets, schedules meetings, and maintains websites, as well as assists with recruiting and following-up with participants for programs such as the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship (MMUF), Graduate School Exploration Fellowship (GSEF), Field Changers Fellowship, and POSSE. Works with program leaders and KA-IGC Associate Dean's. Works collaboratively with the KAIGC Administrative Coordinator to provide projects and learning goals for some of the 15-18 student employees, as well as to support planning and development of events and programs, such as speakers, year-end celebrations, and various other events. Provides support for the IGC Dean's office through professional communication, a strong sense of organization, and a great deal of collaboration. Serves as a valued contributor to our collaborative space for re-imagining a world that is focused on equity and justice.
- Provides program management and administrative support for MMUF, GSEF, POSSE, and Field Changers Fellowship programs.
- Provides administrative support to the Dean's Office that includes tasks such as scheduling meetings and collaborating the KAIGC Administrative Coordinator on communications (i.e. website, social media, etc.)
- Assists the Administrative Coordinator to hire, supervise, and mentor team of 15-18 student workers.
- Supports event planing for speakers, end-of-year celebrations, co-sponsored events, etc. and assists with logistics for campus guest visits.
- 1 to 3 years experience working in an administrative support position.
- Excellent organizational skills, including event planning.
- Demonstrated competence with Google and Microsoft packages;
- Demonstrated competence utilzing various social media platforms for communications and promotion.
- Experience with budget management and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience with administration of Grants.
- Minimum of a GED or High School diploma. BA preferred.
Salary $35,000 to $43,000 DOQ
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by August 1, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.BenefitsMacalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.
Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Employment Services, at [email protected]