Electrician (Temporary) - Building & Grounds/Facilities Management And Planning
Job ID: 24543
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Under direction, work as an electrician on the installation, repair and maintenance of high or low tension electrical systems for light, heat, power and communications in or on buildings, structures and highways; may serve as a special electrician, making applications and obtaining permits and approvals required by rule, regulation and/or statute; prepares reports and maintains records; performs related work.
- Installs, repairs, replaces and maintains electric wiring systems and components, equipment and apparatus in or on buildings or structures in accordance with New York City Electrical Code, pertinent plans, specifications and job orders.
- Installs, repairs, replaces and maintains electric wiring and equipment, traffic signals and controllers.
- Installs raceways and electrical conductors.
- Conducts tests on existing installations to determine faults and makes necessary repairs.
- Keeps job and other records.
- In the temporary absence of the supervisor, may perform the duties of that position.
- Supervises assigned personnel.
- When assigned as a special electrician, obtains permits for electrical work to be performed, conducts and/or witnesses tests on electrical wiring systems, equipment and/or appliances; prepares applications, reports, notices and other documents; prepares required sketches, drawings and layouts.
- Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as an electrician acquired within the last fifteen years; or
- At least three years of full-time satisfactory experience as an electrician acquired within the last fifteen years and sufficient satisfactory experience as an electrician's helper or apprentice electrician or training in the electrical field acquired in an approved trade, technical or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of the remaining experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of such experience, apprentice training or training in the electrical field.
NOTE: For appointment to certain positions, candidates will be required to possess a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment.
For assignment as a special electrician, candidates must possess and maintain the license(s) and/or certificate(s) required to perform these duties.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants who meet the qualification requirements, have applied for Electrician (CUNY), Exam #2076 and passed the multiple-choice test for Exam #2076 are strongly encouraged to apply.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment. To search for this vacancy, click on SEARCH ALL POSTINGS and in SEARCH JOBS field, enter the Job Opening ID number 24543
Click on the "APPLY NOW" button and follow the application instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account.
Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Note, the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Names and contact information of 3 references
Upload all documents as ONE single file-- PDF format preferred.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on June 24, 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the position/s remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.