Part-Time Faculty Criminal Justice Location:
UNG-Dahlonega, GA Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The University of North Georgia is accepting applications for a part-time faculty position in Criminal Justice to support growing Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and Ph.D. degree programs. The Department is seeking candidates who can teach two to three courses each semester. As need arises, these courses may be taught in the classroom or online.
- Responsibilities include teaching 2-3 courses per semester in Introduction to Criminal Justice or other closely related subject matter.
- Course assignment each semester is based on funding and student demand.
Master's degree in criminal justice or a related field. A Ph.D. in Criminal Justice is preferred.
Preference will be given to those candidates who:
1. Have a background in or an ability to teach Criminal Justice.
2. Have undergraduate teaching experience and professional work experience in the field of criminal justice.
3. Have strong verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills.
4. Have an understanding of online education and distance learning platforms.
Required Documents to Attach
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, and Unofficial Transcripts
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- Position of Trust + Education
Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.