4800 Preston Park Boulevard, Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Deliver tier one technical and account support to faculty, staff, and students while providing best-in-class customer service. Work with other departments to ensure issues are resolved for customers. Maintain accurate and timely ticket documentation. Assist with keeping the knowledge base up-to-date and accurate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain availability to answer phone calls, email inquiries, and work tickets.
- Resolve basic hardware/software problems by walking the end-user through procedures and processes for the resolution of computer, network, and telephone difficulties.
- Assign requests to other Technology Services personnel as necessary for resolution. Log inquiries into the Fresh Service ticketing system.
- Complete complex security-sensitive functions, including updating and creating network accounts, passwords, and e-mail distribution lists.
- Provide specific directions and instructions for first-time customers.
- Assist the Help Desk Analyst in developing and maintaining the departmental website, knowledge base, canned responses, online forms, and automated tools for customer and internal departmental use.
- Properly document all tickets in Fresh Service.
- Create documents that clearly define procedures that fit the needs of the district's hardware/software problems.
- Keep up to date on changes in policies and procedures to maintain current working knowledge.
- Keep up to date on changes in technology.
- Interact and work cooperatively with other members of the college and community.
- Back up Help Desk Analyst when required to coordinate on-site technical support for emergency status calls when software and/or equipment failures occur.
- Work student tickets and escalations from the student support desk as needed.
- Provide support and assistance to Help Desk student worker staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures, and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Computers Systems
- Knowledge of Multifactor Authentication
- General technology knowledge
- Knowledge of phone etiquette in a ticketing-based environment
- Knowledge of ticketing systems, especially Fresh Service
- A positive, people-oriented, customer-service-focused attitude
- Strong computer skills including Office 365
- Problem Analysis and Problem solving
- Strong documentation skills with knowledge of proper English, including spelling and grammar
- Communication and listening skills
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed in learning new applications, processes, policies, and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and provide accurate and timely ticket documentation
- Ability to maintain professional communication and presence when interacting with faculty, students, staff, and outside organizations
- Ability to research solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to verify a variety of data and/or information
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Associate degree from an accredited institution.
Associate degree in an IT relevant field. A+ or equivalent certification preferred.
At least two (2) years of experience.
Licenses and Certifications
The ability to earn an A+ or equivalent certification within one year of starting the position.
In addition to minimum experience required: At least 60 semester hours OR at least two (2) additional years of directly related experience.
In addition to minimum education required: A higher level degree that what is required for the job may be substituted for no more than one (1) year of the required work experience.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.