William James College is currently seeking a full-time administrative assistant to help oversee and complete a variety of tasks for the various programs within the Department of Clinical and Forensic Services. Some prior experience with billing, mental health and/or court systems is preferred.
- Work closely with the program directors of the clinical/forensic services to create procedures suited to their clinical needs and resources
- Case management and systems development tasks including; helping to create and oversee systems for tracking cases from referral through billing, communicating with clients, participants in legal cases and other involved parties (e.g., counsel), tracking and documenting receipt of signed paperwork, managing intake and follow up paperwork; maintaining database of ongoing assignments, referral numbers, due dates, examiners ultimate opinion, and trials for upcoming scheduled cases for WellPath; receiving and documenting referrals for CAFFES; sending out Service Agreements for CAFFES; sending motions to the Court/Counsel for CAFFES; scanning documents received on CAFFES cases to the network
- Provide research support and maintain database of relevant case law for forensic services
- Managing disputes with insurance companies as needed
- Billing and finance management tasks including; helping to create and oversee billing systems, sending bills to clients, tracking billing deadlines, completing and filing the billing paperwork for CPCS, Commonwealth of Mass Courts, and other agencies, ensuring that invoices have been submitted by due dates for examiners, providing receipts for insurance submission, overseeing billing of insurance and disputing denials, tracking and recording payments
- Responsible for overseeing and streamlining a team of work-study students including; signing off on hours, reminding clinicians about upcoming deadlines, coordinating schedules, oversite for tasks assigned to work-study students, hiring work-study students, helping to oversee and streamline the intake department for Brenner, and overseeing the process of scanning health records for Brenner
- Clerical assignments, which will include scheduling for the department manager, organizing files, copying, scanning, faxing, filing, prepping materials for Certificate Courses, sending out assignments to examiners, organize, finalize, submit and mail out reports to Court by due date/email to DOC by due date for forensic services, organizing the testing closet and ordering testing materials as needed (or overseeing this task), managing room reservations for students as needed, and helping to generate demographic information for reporting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years of job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong administrative skills with prior experience in an administrative setting
- Excellent data entry skills
- Customer-service oriented with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Editing skills
- Familiarity with technology is essential including: Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Teams
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
- Applicant must be able to assume employment in the U.S. without College sponsorship
Our benefits package includes generous health, vision and dental insurance, eligibility for both College funded 401(a) retirement plan and College sponsored 403(b) plan, company paid life and long term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous PTO, and professional development opportunities.
William James College is not-for-profit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Employment at William James College may qualify towards The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service#qualifying-employer
Review of applications will begin upon receipt. Interested candidates should submit:
- A Cover Letter responding to the stated qualifications.
- A Résumé/Curriculum Vitae.
- A list of three professional references with complete contact information. (References will not be contacted without the candidate’s prior permission.)
Materials should be submitted electronically via the WJC application portal- https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=40dab9cd-14a1-4d29-b356-da8c9cb6fb6f&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US
Inclusive Excellence at William James College: William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness, and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.