Instructor or Assistant Professor of Social Work/Sociology - Marian University's Ancilla CollegeJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University’s Ancilla College Department of Social Work and Social Sciences, seeks qualified applicants for a Full Time, Non-Tenure Track faculty member to teach introductory courses in social work, sociology, and human services in a newly developed human services associate degree program at our location, Marian University’s Ancilla College, in Plymouth, Indiana. This position reports to the Academic Dean at Ancilla regarding day-to-day operations and to the Director of Social Work at Marian University-Indianapolis for curricular issues, direction in disciplinary development, and academic evaluation.
The Faculty member promotes Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by contributing to the ongoing development of students and wide-ranging programs within the Department Social Work and Social Sciences.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Teaching load: 24 credits per academic year.
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects.
- Actively participate in curriculum implementation and activities of the History and Social Sciences department.
- Engage in scholarship and other professional development activities.
- Mentor students through advising and service learning opportunities in the community.
- Participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work is required; however, an earned doctorate, is preferred.
- Current license in the field, is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with students at varying levels of abilities, is required.
- Experience or evidence of the capacity for effective teaching in higher education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, collaborative, and able to work independently with colleagues throughout the university and in the community.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural competence, best practices in teaching, high ethical standards, diversity, and community service/engagement.
- Experience with online education is strongly desired.
Applicants whose scholarly interests align with the general areas of 1) social justice; 2) innovation in STEHM education; and/or 3) aging and its impact on society are particularly encouraged to apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University’s Ancilla College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Posting Number:
P025FNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: