Job Location: Main Campus - Edmond, OK
Position Type: Staff
Salary Range: $26,208.00 - $26,208.00 Salary/year
Job Category: OTRS Non-classified
Assist with the set-up and breakdown of campus events, programs, and activities. Support on-site coordination of vendors, staff, and/or volunteers. Respond to questions and provide information. May assist with collecting recycling materials across campus. This position is 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, and may require occasional evenings and weekends due to scheduled campus events and programming.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
The Nigh University Center serves as the town square of the University of Central Oklahoma campus by providing high-quality convenient services and amenities that continue to meet the changing needs of the UCO community and the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. It is essentially the doorway to the campus and within its 221,721 sq. ft. of interior space, it houses Enrollment Services, Career Services, Transportation and Parking, the Food Court, a full-service restaurant, Starbucks, a bookstore, and bank as well as the Conference and Events Office that manages 25 meeting rooms and over 37,000 square feet of available space.
Under the direct supervision of the Building and Set up Technician Supervisor, performs set-ups of the Nigh University Center meeting and conference rooms. Considered the lead Set Up Technician when the Building and Set-Up Technician Supervisor is not present and performs set-ups to accommodate the needs of each customer while complying with all University policies and rules. Moves and arranges furniture and equipment (tables, chairs, stages, pianos, etc.) to comply with Conference and Events set-up sheet for the event in the room. Assists with the setup and operation of various audio/visual equipment in the Nigh University Center. Also performs cleaning duties of rooms, hallways, storage areas, entryways, etc. in the Nigh University Center when needed or as instructed. Assists with some administrative duties.
- Uses information from the Conference and Events Office set-up sheet, as directed by the Supervisor, to set up the room as requested for each event.
- Moves the furniture (tables, chairs, stages, pianos, etc.) to rooms and arranges them as instructed. Maintains a clean and orderly storeroom for furniture and moves furniture to and from storage as necessary.
- Follows instructions as to the proper furniture arrangement techniques and spacing requirements so it will be suitable for the event and meets the customer's desires.
- Assists the audio-visual staff with the set-up and operation of various audio/visual equipment in the Nigh University Center.
- Communicates customer requests during events to the Conference and Events Office.
- Keeps furniture clean and presentable for events, i.e. cleans off tables and chairs, takes off tape or ribbon left on furniture, etc.
- Checks rooms to see if the set-up is correct and that the room is clean and ready for the customer.
- After an event, responsible for checking rooms and securing any equipment needed. Reports rooms that need cleaning, damages to room or furniture, or any appearance of policy breach by a customer to the supervisor.
- Performs various janitorial duties as needed such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning glass doors, dusting furniture, washing walls, etc.
- Performs light maintenance duties including changing out bad light bulbs in the Nigh University Center and any maintenance request that may be asked of them by a supervisor.
- Assists with some administrative duties and helps create a weekly schedule
- Considered the lead Set Up Technician and specifically the other full-time Setup Technicians and student workers while the Building and Set up Technician Supervisor is not present.
- This is an essential position and may be required to come to work when there is inclement weather.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires 3+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Has demonstrated proficiency within the discipline through job-related training or on-the-job experience
- Acts as an information resource and coach for colleagues with less experience.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team, depending upon project needs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a strong leader within the unit.
- Good base knowledge of all phases of a conference and events operation.
- Read and understand manuals and instructions printed in English and documents legibly in same.
- Good oral and written communications are needed to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Have good customer service skills.
- Team player: the ability to work as a member of a team.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position requires a physical. The physical requirements are:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry 200 feet.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry up/down 30 stairs.
- Ability to walk regularly for long periods of time across the campus.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to use and reach with hands and arms regularly.
- Ability to climb in high places using a ladder or balance frequently.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and crawl occasionally.
- Ability to push or pull dolly loaded with up to 120 pounds for 300 feet occasionally.
- Must have close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Pass PFT (pulmonary function test)