If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board
Provide short-term counseling and disability services utilizing a range of assessments, interventions, and case management for individuals, couples, and groups using psycho-educational and therapeutic counseling methods. Services are provided to assist students and family members to achieve more effective personal, social, and educational development.
- Conduct therapeutic interviews to assist individual in gaining insight into personal problems, defining goals, and creating a plan of action reflecting interests, abilities, disabilities and needs.
- Present quality educational and preventative workshops to student groups and groups comprised of family members of students.
- Select and collect data about clients through interviews, case history, psychological tests (as appropriate to their licensure and experience) and/or observation techniques; evaluate data to identify causes of problems and determine proper therapeutic approach/treatment plan or referral to other specialist or services.
- Using collected data, assess the quality of service rendered, and the reliability and validity of treatment applied; follow up to determine reliability and validity of treatments and engage in research to develop and improve diagnostic and counseling techniques.
- Organize, participate, and evaluate Outreach Programs individually and with other staff members to increase knowledge of identified topics/issues and increase the use of services to students.
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate (intern) students as assigned by the Director of Counseling and Disability Services
- Perform other duties as assigned. NOTE: counselors may be asked to specialize in specific areas, or be able to provide support in all general areas, as required.
Five years relevant experience
Air-conditioned office environment with minimal physical effort required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.