Requisition Number:40791Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Research FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:12-Jul-2022 Close All
Job SummaryThe Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) encourages applications for a Postdoctoral Associate!
We need a postdoctoral associate to design, develop, and test superconducting microwave circuits and systems of quantum bits (qubits) with nanowires and Josephson junctions for scientific use. The candidate will work on projects that require periodic technical supervision on all phases of the assignments. Additional supervision can be obtained from other peers or advisors in the laboratory.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We ArePREP is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists. The particular group that needs a researcher is the Advanced Microwave Photonics Group under the Applied Physics Division at NIST.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Develop project objectives with your advisor, a work plan, and then share the results and conclusions.
- Any vetted final results must be written and published in appropriate, refereed journals.
- Perform some independent work and become a partial contributing member of the research group.
- This position does NOT require the candidate to acquire any program responsibility or manage or play a supervisory role with other students or associates.
What You Should Know
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to align with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can OfferThe salary range for this full-time position is $69,000 - $74,000 annually.
Onboarding/relocation assistance may be available, however, if within a 12-month period you exercise your right to willfully terminate your employment with the University of Colorado, you hereby agree to reimburse the department for your relocation expense.BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe dynamic. Be pioneering. Be Boulder.What We Require
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience operating and measuring superconducting circuits, particularly exotic Josephson junctions at ultra-low temperatures.
- Performed and evaluated current-voltage measurements on exotic Josephson junctions by acquiring data and performing data analysis.
- Knowledge of Python or Matlab and have at least two years experience programming in this language.
- Prior experience performing circuit simulations of superconducting circuits with Josephson junctions, especially when radiated with microwaves.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with the fabrication of exotic Josephson junctions.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources Department using an approved online vendor. However, if your degree was obtained outside of the United States, please submit a translated version (if applicable) as an optional attachment. During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for a reference. We will request the letter of recommendation immediately following your application. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Lisa ValenciaPosting Contact Email: [email protected]