Women's Basketball WSF Fellow (5171U) 38993
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Director of Player Development who will work within the department's Women's Basketball team.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 26, 2022
The WSF Fellow will support the Women's Basketball team by providing their skills to the head women's basketball coach, Director of Basketball Operations and Special Assistant to the Head Coach. This position was created to mentor and develop a candidate to prepare them to become a coach.
- Collaborate with the coaching staff on the planning, development and execution of all Women's Basketball practices and game plans
- Collaborate with the coaching staff on all recruiting efforts
- Assist with practice and game film breakdown for the coaches
- Assist with Women's Basketball events
- Contributes to other communications, events, and related projects as needed
- Assist with all on-campus recruiting visits and other recruiting duties.
- Assist with various office duties including mailings, answering the phones, filing, completing forms, etc.
- Ensure confidentiality of information
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training/experience.
- Knowledge and experience using Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle a high-paced environment and work efficiently within it, including dealing with competing demands and prioritizing appropriately.
- Must be detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of University and Department policies.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is $17.00/hour. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source
of "UCB Employee
" and then enter the employee's Name
and Berkeley email
address in the Specific Referral Source
field. Please enter only one name and email.
- This is a 1-year, full-time, contract position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=38993&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency