Part-Time Eye Lash InstructorType of Position:
· The Part-time Eye Lash Instructor duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, classroom and lab instruction of esthetician skills, provide professional leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum, and participate in professional development activities.· Learn and use technology to enhance teaching and educational experience when appropriate.· Teaching assignment may include day and evening classes· Evaluates students’ progress in achieving learning outcomes· Requests and maintains supplies and equipment· Prepares budget if required of the program/course; maintain budget expenses· Maintains program certification requirements, as appropriate· Complete program/course documentation and administrative reports· Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area· Assists with student recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts· Coordinate administrative responsibilities related to scheduling, developing syllabi and teaching course(s)· Assure all programmatic standards are met· Develop industry partnerships, promoting the program· Work independently, be highly flexible, and team oriented· Work with non‐traditional learners, various ethnic and socio‐economic groupsQualifications:
· Licensed or certified to perform lash and brow services in Texas (typically an active and current esthetician or cosmetologist license).Salary:
· Three years of recent experience in the field.
· Experience with customer service in the beauty industry
· Experience conducting eyelash and brow service corrections / adjustments to ensure guest satisfaction and loyalty.
· Experience in increasing quality of service execution of peers.
· Experience with facilitating formal technical lash and brow service training in accordance with a training curriculum and certifying successful completion of training programs.
· Experience with facilitating mentorship, or informal on-the-job lash and brow service training.
· Experience being a leader in handling with finesse, a high traffic, high stress, environment where attention can often and abruptly be pulled in multiple directions.
· Experience in leading organizational culture – embodying a culture of learning, development, and potential for growth.
· Effective oral and written communication skills, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.223.
Lamar State College Orange is an EEO/AA/TSUS Institution.
Depends on Teaching LoadPosting Number:
AS183POpen Until Filled: