Professor In Counseling With LPC Emphasis - RGCLocation:
Del Rio, Uvalde or Eagle PassDepartment:
Education RGCPosting Date:
- Successful candidates will have an earned doctoral degree in Counseling with LPC credentials from an accredited institution of higher education;
- Licensure as a professional counselor (LPC) with Supervisor designation in the state of Texas
- Professional identity as a counselor educator or LPC;
- Professional experience and research expertise in counseling and counseling clinics;
- Experience with teaching in an asynchronous and synchronous learning environment (graduate/undergraduate)
- Curriculum design and articulation, establishing and supervising on site RGC counseling clinics.
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Technology proficiency including educational technology, Microsoft Office applications and online communication tools;
- Distinguished scholarly accomplishments;
- Experience building collaborations with local communities and strengthening RGC’s counseling programs.
- Bilingual and biliterate (Spanish)
- Evidence of university teaching and research activity appropriate for current rank;
- Experience and coursework in special populations, ESL, & Bilingual
- Experience with organizing and monitoring field experience and clinics;
- Research focusing on LPC’s;
- Experience leading diverse and interdisciplinary teams of professionals and/or stakeholders
Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College seeks a dynamic leader and educator for a full-time position in Counseling with emphasis as an LPC. This position includes teaching, research and service with a workload that collaborates with colleagues and supervisors, perform committee work as assigned and participate in professional development and mentoring emerging educators. The position will also be contributing actively to decisions affecting the Department of Education. This position reports to the Chair of the Department of Education. Essential Functions:
- Fulfill all faculty roles and responsibilities as outlined in the Employee and Faculty handbook.
- Collaborate with the department chair and the Director of Teacher Education program to ensure compliance with state agencies;
- Recruit and advise students
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequently moves equipment or paperwork weighing up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Use of manual dexterity
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- The person in this position frequently communicates with students; must be able to exchange accurate information
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move from office to classroom
- Office and classroom setting
- Ability to work extended hours and attend Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College or community events
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times.
This position is security sensitive.Other Information:
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.About SRSU:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College is a non-residential, upper level institution offering junior, senior and graduate courses in the liberal arts non-traditional with an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students each semester. Rio Grande College offers classes at Eagle Pass, Del Rio, and Uvalde in the southwest Texas border region.