Architecture, Design and Construction Faculty, Full-Time
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Architecture & Urban Planning
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Architecture, Design and Construction Faculty, Full-TimeRequisition Number:
The Architecture, Design & Construction Department at the Community College of Philadelphia invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Architecture, Design & Construction Department offers students degrees in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management, Facilities Management, and an Architectural Visualization Proficiency Certificate. As many of the Department’s courses are required for numerous programs, faculty work with students in all disciplines. Architecture and Interior Design are transfer programs, while Facilities Management and Construction Management are career programs. Despite the differing paths, students engage in related coursework and studio experiences as they progress through the curriculum.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
• Teach both face-to-face as well as online via the College’s Canvas system.
• Daytime and evening teaching assignments should be expected.
• Participation in student learning outcomes assessment and other course assessments is required.
• Coordination of one of the Department’s programs may be required.
• Active participation in Department meetings and special projects is required.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams. Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high school students.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, andsensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to theprofession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field or discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• Qualified applicants must have a Master’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management, Facilities Management, or a related degree.
• College-level teaching experience and professional experience directly related to the areaof assignment are required.
• Design Instructors must have proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit, Adobe Create Suite, and SketchUp.
• Experience teaching both studio type design courses as well as technical type lecture courses.
• A portfolio of professional and/or academic work is highly recommended.
• Experience with Rhino and Lumion is preferred.
• Experience developing curriculum, managing a program, or leading a professional team is preferred.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
• Interested persons should complete an online application. • Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED. • Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED. • Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law. • Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Position Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :
Working at Community College of Philadelphia
Welcome to Community College of Philadelphia, a public, open-admission institution that provides both academic resources and support services to help students achieve their academic goals. As the largest public institution of higher education in Philadelphia, the College has served more than 685,000 of the city's residents since 1965. We serve a diverse population of students, from recent high school graduates starting here on their path to a bachelor's degree, to adults looking to change careers. On our Main Campus or at any of our three Regional Centers within Philadelphia, we offer the convenience our students need to fit classes into their busy schedules.
We seek to empower our community through education, one individual at a time. More than 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and strengthen our local economy. It is our mission to prepare Philadelphians for a new career or transfer to a four-year college so that they can achieve their educational and career goals.
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented, high caliber faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert