Adjunct Pool: Accounting
- Merced College
- $52.94 - $66.34 Hourly
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Professional Fields, Business & Management
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Adjunct Pool: Accounting
Salary: $52.94 - $66.34 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 20220001
Closing: 6/30/2023 12:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced, CA
Open pool for academic year 2022-2023additional compensation for doctorate
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students, with room to expand on its 267-acre main campus and 120-acre Los Banos site, as well as at our innovative Business Resource Center in Downtown Merced. The City of Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing and access to the Bay Area and Sacramento. Merced is known as the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada mountains, and is home to the University of California's newest campus, UC Merced. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes — large and small — throughout the county.
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
General Description: This is a part-time instructional assignment. The professor could be assigned to teach a variety of accounting courses. The maximum teaching load is 10 units per semester, which may include evening and weekend hours.
Examples of Duties
- Provide instruction in accordance with established course outlines and expectations
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance policy
- Maintain required student attendance and scholastic records
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations
- Post and maintain regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy
- Participate in the development and review of curriculum
- Participate in the development of teaching-learning methods and materials
- Participate in departmental, area and campus professional activities/committees
- Participate in the college's learning outcomes assessment program, including course, program, and institutional assessments
- Perform tasks needed for student records, e.g., submit grades on time to admissions and records
- Master's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration OR
- Bachelor's degree in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND master's degree in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance OR
- The equivalent (NOTE: A bachelor's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline)
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
How to Apply:
Only the required documentation as listed above will be accepted for this recruitment. Any additional documentation will be removed from your application profile.
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee which includes a teaching demonstration on a selected topic. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews.
Sick leave, faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office. Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/3076195/adjunct-pool-accounting
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-1ac446d54b8fc442940e13af9e918c24
Established in 1962, Merced College enrolls over 11,000 students annually at its main campus in Merced, California, and at its campus in Los Banos, California, and several off-campus sites. The college serves the heart of the San Joaquin Valley, which leads the world in agricultural production. The area is rich in educational opportunity, with campuses of the University of California and the California State University nearby. World-renowned Yosemite Valley is only a short drive away.
Merced College is known for its commitment to student success and its service orientation. It leads comparable institutions in securing grants to support instructional programs, and provides additional support to students through numerous study centers and other learning support. The college has an outstanding Learning Resources Center that regularly hosts visiting authors as well as cultural events.
Merced College provides transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs. Merced College serves as a gateway to the future, providing accessible, affordable, and relevant education and workforce training for students in our richly diverse region. The college offers programs of study that lead to transfer, associate degrees and certificates. Merced College provides basic skills and non-credit courses, as well as community education for personal and professional enrichment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert