Residency/Fellowship Program Coordinator 2
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research Universities. Stanford is rooted in a culture of excellence and values, innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning dedicated to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. The Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, within the School of Medicine is seeking a Residency/Fellowship Coordinator 2 candidate who wants to work in a fast paced, energetic, and growing environment. You will work within the Education Services Team as a Fellowship Coordinator managing, administering, and supporting the operations of multiple subspecialty clinical fellowship programs. The culture of education programs in the department values continuous quality improvement by which you will have the opportunity to influence and drive change with your innovative ideas, the ability to make a difference, and participate in human advancements. As Education Coordinators working within the Graduate Medical Education realm, we pride ourselves as being progressive thinkers and change makers who embrace challenges by seeing them as opportunities to provide professional and personal development to our faculty and trainees and in turn allows them to focus on safe and appropriate care of their patients.
You will join a dynamic team consisting of a Fellowship Programs Manager, 2 Fellowship Coordinators and a Clerkship Coordinator. As a fellowship coordinator within the Education Services Team, you should be highly organized, proactive, extremely detail-oriented, and be able to multi- task. You will be expected to demonstrate strong business judgment, professional etiquette and develop program management skills. In addition to having a positive attitude and pleasant demeanor, you must have effective communication skills that allow you to interact with a diverse group of people.
We aim to recruit, support, retain, & promote diversity!
You will work a hybrid model of both on-site and work from home.
To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.About the Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine
A message from our chair, Dr Brian Bateman: “We are proud of our department, which provides world-class clinical care, educates the next generation of leaders and innovators in anesthesia, and conducts cutting-edge research that advances human health and contributes to defining how the specialty will be practiced in the future… we strive to create a department that reflects, in its trainees, faculty and leaders, the diversity of the community that Stanford serves. At Stanford Medicine, our mission is to care, educate and discover, and our vision is to heal humanity through science and compassion, one patient at a time. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about the extraordinary people and programs that comprise Stanford Anesthesia!” https://med.stanford.edu/anesthesia.htmlDuties include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Oversee daily activities of the clinical fellowship program. Organize and prioritize the activities of the clinical fellows; monitor work progress status and ensure compliance with deadlines.
- Serve as contact person for the interpretation and application of policies, procedures and program guidelines. Troubleshoot discrepancies and determine appropriate corrective actions to be taken. Collaborate in the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and standards, and communicate associated changes. Identify and report compliance issues and assist in correcting situations resulting in duty hour violations.
- Manage, monitor and document the clinical fellowship and faculty evaluation process. Manage materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and may assist with proctoring exam.
- Develop, distribute and update fellowship rotation schedules, vacation and leave schedules in electronic systems according to duty hour requirements with oversight of Program Director and/or his/her designee(s). Ensure that the corresponding institutions where the fellows are rotating are administering the bills accurately.
- Perform all fellowship match responsibilities and correspond with newly matched fellows about requirements and process for appointment to the hospitals. Ensure all fellows are credentialed before starting any rotation. In applicable programs, assist with quota review and rank list entry and certification
- Maintain the fellowship curriculum, including competency-based goals and objectives for each assignment and each level of training.
- Maintain recruitment database and oversee the application processes during the fellowship recruitment season.
- Provide both administrative supervision and support to fellows. Act as a liaison between fellows and hospital administration when necessary. Establish relationships and act as a liaison to other hospitals, internal departments, and divisions regarding fellow recruitment, orientation, annual program affiliation agreements, and external rotations.
- May assist in program-level policy development and the development of the strategic planning of the fellowship program and monitor the budget for various fellowship activities.
- Coordinate preparations for ACGME external site visits and SHC GME internal and SHC GME Visiting Fellows. Fellowship website improvements.
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award- winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Ability to work independently and to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating priorities.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities, ability to handle diverse workload.
- Demonstrated good judgment in all areas of responsibility.
- Agile and quick learner who can adapt easily to Stanford specific software and clinically related software.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and take initiative while problem solving and resolving challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with all levels of faculty and staff, and exhibit significant degree of diplomacy.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to adapt to changing work environment.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and other applications required.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or other subspecialties guidelines.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/residency-fellowship-program-coordinator-2-17917
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency