Ad Interim Instructor - KinesiologyAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Health & Human PerformanceProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Ad Interim Instructor of Kinesiology is responsible teaching fifteen hours(or equivalent) of teaching and conduct scholar activity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Teach 15 hours (or equivalent) of undergraduate courses in health and human performance per semester, including but not limited to first aid and safety, foundations of kinesiology, team and individual sports, personal health and wellness.
- Maintain quality programming in terms of expectations for activity, quality instruction, and record keeping.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with entities related to facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate and facilitate all human performance lab with Exercise Science Faculty.
- Engage in service within the human performance community and serve on departmental, college, university, and professional committees.
- Perform other duties as needed, related to the overall mission of the department, the college, and the university
- Maintain lab equipment (i.e., ParvoMedics Metabolic Cart, Velotron, Bertec Force Plates, DARI Motion Capture System, WHOOP Heart Rate Systems, GE Luna DEXA, Lode Cycle Ergometer, Monarck Cycle Ergometer, COSMED K4b2b and K5 Models)
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Kinesiology, or related field.
- Tactical Strength and Conditioning Instructor
- Experience working with elite athletes and tactical personnel in real world settings, competitive settings, and research settings.
- Experience with CAPCOG and federal agencies.
- Experience in tactical population and first responder research, and professional connections to departments across the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- ACSM Certifications, NASM, or other advanced certifications and licenses.
- Personal Training Certificate or Experience
- National Strength and Conditioning Certification or Experience
- First Aid and CPR Instructor Certification
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
The applicant will be responsible for the supervision of Graduate Assistants and Student Lab Assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.