Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Reporting to the Dean of Graduate Admission, the Associate Dean supports academic departments to attract and enroll the most qualified graduate students for the Office of Graduate Admission in Enrollment Management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Completes programmatic assignments for recruitment and application review.
• Develops and implements enrollment strategies.
• Evaluates and reports outcomes with analytical, fiscal, and other regular and ad hoc reports to inform the administration and improve processes.
• Travels regionally and nationally to represents Hofstra University at education fairs, universities and advising centers.
• Assists with review of final admission decisions/proof of degree certifications.
• Manages domestic travel schedule for team of graduate recruiters.
• Interviews, trains and supervises student assistants.
• Contributes to onboarding of new administrators and supports Dean in outlining opportunities for professional development.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Additional hours may be required on evenings and weekends in support of special projects, travel, and events.
Candidates must be willing and able to organize and handle all aspects of administration and adhere to the rules and regulations of Hofstra University, the Colonial Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
This is an on-site position; work for this role will be performed on campus.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Excellent communication, analytical, and presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, and customer service skills.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with other areas within the University, particularly with members of the Dean’s Office, Department Chairs and Program Directors.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Master’s degree.
• Three to five years of recruitment experience within higher education and with international students; preference given to those with prior experience in graduate admission.
Application Instructions: For consideration, please email a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to:
Monica Florio, Dean of Graduate Admission
Email: [email protected]
Please indicate "Associate Dean – Job# 897982-22" in the subject line.