Union University seeks qualified candidates for the position of Help Desk Coordinator. This position’s primary function is to ensure requests to IT are documented correctly, responded to in a timely manner, and escalated as needed. This position will perform services, support, training, and specific remediation support that are within the scope of Level I help desk duties. This position will require the ability to accurately record and categorize requests that are received and resolved or escalate to Level II for resolution.
Supervises: Student Workers
Serves on: End-User Support Team and other teams as needed
Essential Job Functions
- Incident/Service Tickets - Utilize SysAid for the creation, tracking, escalation, resolution of incidents and/or service request tickets.
- Monitor existing tickets and provide a report analysis and status updates as required.
- Student Workers - Train, staff and supervise any student workers used for Help Desk support.
- Specific administrative assistance as needed by the Director of User Engagement & Experience
- Monitor the help desk and take appropriate actions or make notifications as needed.
- Interface with other members in IT as needed in providing service and support.
- Make recommendations on streamlining the help desk system, documenting processes as well as overseeing the FAQ feature for top support requests.
- Use a variety of tools to assist in maximizing efficiency of our help desk service.
- Provide basic training to clients as needed for things such as; resetting passwords, how to use PawPrint, and PaperCut, how to use the network, how to use the phone and voice mail system, and how to use the various web services of the university.
- Notify the Director of User Engagement & Experience if contacted about advanced training requests not included in the catalog of services.
- Track the volume of help desk requests to determine peak hours, low points, and other trends and turnovers that could determine the level of staffing needed to meet the needs.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an earned bachelor’s degree or three years of experience. Excellent customer service skills are required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential. This position may also require flexible working hours. Preference will be given to candidates with ITIL training and/or certifications.
Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, enthusiastically support Union University's Identity, Mission and Core Values, and articulate a Christian worldview in their work and life.