The Human Resources Generalist will assist in the delivery of the goals outlined in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion-Strategic Action Plan and the College’s diversity initiatives and strategies to attract, hire, and maintain a diverse workplace. The HR Generalist is responsible for the sourcing and staffing of qualified candidates; promoting the current job opportunities, establishing strategic proactive recruiting efforts, and supporting hiring managers to identify and fill the current and future staffing needs of the College. Serves as liaison for the Office of Diversity and Equity as it relates to employment recruitment.
Examples of Duties:
- Assists in the development, design, implementation, and evaluation of DEI goals, which contribute to the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; extends job offers, schedules pre-employment screenings.
- Attracts qualified and diverse candidates through databases, online employment forums, social media, etc.
- Communicates personnel announcements to College and external communities.
- Trains hiring managers and HR staff on how to select, manage, evaluate, and retain diverse employees.
- Assists in the monitoring of progress related to the goals identified by the domains in the DEI-Strategic Action Plan to facilitate initiatives on diversity.
- Collaborates with various departments and the College community to support diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Tracks, analyzes, and communicates data regarding applicant and employee composition as it relates to DEI.
- Maintains and monitors the website for the Office of Diversity and Equity/Title IX and Compliance.
- Represents the College at various career events, job fairs, and recruitment events
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 2 years in human resources and/or DEI is required. Experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, Neogov preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel, Word and Access
- Experience with a Higher Education Software, Ellucian Banner & Colleague preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and high degree of cultural awareness, sensitivity, and flexibility.
- Knowledgeable on appropriate federal, state, local, laws, employment law, rules, regulations, HR policies and procedures regarding diversity, equity and inclusion
- Possess the ability to work well and communicate effectively with prospective and current students, staff, faculty, administration, and colleagues and community partners
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff and a commitment to a student-centered environment
If certain conditions exist, this position requires you to have access to personal technological equipment and capabilities to perform your duties.