: Dean of StudentsLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 28, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 15451Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: $51,000 - $54,0000
The Office of the Dean of Students is looking for an organized and detailed oriented individual to oversee financial and administrative operations.
The Office of the Dean of Students (DOS) is a group of offices and programs that work collaboratively to assist Binghamton University students. The areas include the University Union, Campus Activities, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Late Nite, Off Campus College, CARE Team, New Student Programs, Parent and Family Programs, Veteran and Military Services, and TRIO Support Services and TRIO Upward Bound program.
Description of Duties:
- Responsible for management of financial records for state, IFR, DIFR, and foundation accounts for all areas under the Dean of Students
- Work closely with the Dean of Students and directors to monitor budgets, review revenue and expenditures, and analyze fiscal performance
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Assist Dean of Students and Student Affairs VP Office with strategic financial planning
- Oversee all University fee processes and annual paperwork for DOS offices and programs
- Supervise all purchasing processes, travel, and reimbursements to ensure compliance with SUNY and NYS procedures
- Oversee all processes relating to revenue collection including cash handling and deposit procedures, PCI compliance, and point of sale software configuration
- Manage account receivables and invoicing procedures
- Coordinate human resources efforts such as assisting with recruitment efforts and tracking performance documents
- Assist with other DOS initiatives, pilot programs and special events
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, accounting, management, or related field
- Must have exceptional computer skills with a strong proficiency in Excel
- Must be detail-oriented as well as have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with cash handling processes and PCI compliance
- Two years of professional experience
- Master's degree and at least four years of professional experience
- Experience in HR/personnel management
- Familiarity with NYS and SUNY systems
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: July 19, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.