Adjunct Pool: Assistant Soccer Coach
- Merced College
- See Position Description
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Adjunct Pool: Assistant Soccer Coach
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 20220020
Closing: 6/30/2023 12:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced, CA
Coaches are paid via stipendOpen pool for academic year 2022-2023additional compensation for doctorate
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students, with room to expand on its 267-acre main campus and 120-acre Los Banos site, as well as at our innovative Business Resource Center in Downtown Merced. The City of Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing and access to the Bay Area and Sacramento. Merced is known as the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada mountains, and is home to the University of California's newest campus, UC Merced. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes — large and small — throughout the county.
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
This is a part-time coaching assignment in the Athletics area at Merced College under the general direction of the Director of Athletics.
Examples of Duties
- Provide instruction, mentoring, and coaching to student athletes in the skills, techniques, and competitive strategies necessary for individual and team achievement of athletic standards of performance; evaluate individual and team performance and refine individual and team strategies throughout the season
- Establish and maintain safety standards to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities; demonstrate techniques of movement and body mechanics that prevent injuries; provide immediate assistance to injured student-athletes; document injuries and submit record-keeping reports as required
- Create a positive atmosphere for the student-athletes; support academic progress, retention, and matriculation of student-athletes through mentoring activities; refer student-athletes to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate; maintain confidential student-athlete information
- Ensure program compliance within the subject sports program with CCCAA regulations; establish and monitor effective procedures to ensure staff and student-athletes comply with such requirements; communicate the disciplinary or corrective consequences of violations as set forth in the provisions of enforcement procedures; report violations of regulations to the Athletic Director or Vice President of Student Services
- Promote interest and attendance at athletic events; assist in fund-raising efforts for the program
- Any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience in the field (Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field, Volleyball, or Water Polo) OR
- Any associate's degree and six years of professional experience in the field
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- Minimum of one year of community college coaching experience in field
- Current technology skills related to teaching in the discipline and a willingness to pursue future technological developments
How to Apply:
Only the required documentation as listed above will be accepted for this recruitment. Any additional documentation will be removed from your application profile.
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee which includes a teaching demonstration on a selected topic. Interviews may be held onsite or via Zoom. Applicants are required to ensure access to the necessary technology to participate in a Zoom interview and will be responsible for any incurred travel expenses, if necessary.
Sick leave, faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office. Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/3620706/adjunct-pool-assistant-soccer-coach
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-40b92c04b448554fbdb8ba377b0dd1ac
Established in 1962, Merced College enrolls over 11,000 students annually at its main campus in Merced, California, and at its campus in Los Banos, California, and several off-campus sites. The college serves the heart of the San Joaquin Valley, which leads the world in agricultural production. The area is rich in educational opportunity, with campuses of the University of California and the California State University nearby. World-renowned Yosemite Valley is only a short drive away.
Merced College is known for its commitment to student success and its service orientation. It leads comparable institutions in securing grants to support instructional programs, and provides additional support to students through numerous study centers and other learning support. The college has an outstanding Learning Resources Center that regularly hosts visiting authors as well as cultural events.
Merced College provides transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs. Merced College serves as a gateway to the future, providing accessible, affordable, and relevant education and workforce training for students in our richly diverse region. The college offers programs of study that lead to transfer, associate degrees and certificates. Merced College provides basic skills and non-credit courses, as well as community education for personal and professional enrichment.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert