The McAfee School of Business at Union University seeks qualified individuals for a tenure-track faculty position in Finance for Fall 2022/ Spring 2023 or Fall 2023. Rank assignment commensurate with education/experience. This position includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
The McAfee School of Business is an AACSB accredited school with 21 faculty and staff. We house undergraduate, MBA, Master of Accountancy, and Graduate Certificate offerings. We have growing undergraduate enrollment and have grown graduate programs 70% in the last three years. We are one of nine AACSB accredited universities with an evangelical faith which is central to our mission. Growth is attributable to a combination of focusing on our mission to develop leaders to fulfill their purpose in Christ and society, high-quality existing programs, innovation in new offerings, and a great team of coworkers. A new building to house the McAfee School of Business is planned to open in Summer 2024.
Union University is a private, liberal arts-based university offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The main campus is located in Jackson, Tennessee (80 miles northeast of Memphis, 120 miles west of Nashville) on the heart of Music Highway. Jackson represents a workforce area of over 300,000, with over 10,000 new jobs recently created or announced. Jackson is a town of legends in music, business, and medicine. Union University currently enrolls more than 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 45 states and 35 countries. Union University stands as a national leader among colleges and universities in promoting a Christian worldview and a Christ-centered approach to education. Union is consistently ranked among the nation’s premier Christian universities and for the tenth year in a row was listed in the top tier of universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report.
- Teach a full-time course load (typically 9 hours per semester) with both undergraduate and graduate (e.g. MBA) classes. Willingness to use both in-person and online course delivery.
- Maintain appropriate scholarship level and produce published research in peer-reviewed publications towards the maintenance of Scholarly Academic or related status.
- Guide the progress of students toward achievement of course and program outcomes. Plan clear course outcomes. Assess records related to the evaluation of student outcomes and course grades. Advise students in their career and academic paths.
- Participate on university committees as assigned. Participate in program planning and serve on McAfee School of Business standing and ad hoc committees as designated by the dean.
- Apply Christian standards and attitudes in relationships with faculty colleagues, staff, and students.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Ph.D. in finance, or related field from an AACSB-accredited institution. ABD candidates and those with a related master’s degree and relevant industry experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated evidence of quality teaching.
- Evidence of ability to produce high-quality scholarship, primarily in terms of quality peer-review journal articles and a robust research agenda or significant professional engagement activities.
- Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, support Union University’s Identity, Mission and Core Values, and demonstrate a Christian worldview in their work and life.
For questions about this position, please contact Dr. Jason Garrett at [email protected]. A completed application should include a letter of interest, vitae, and statement of faith. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Full applications should be completed at: jobs.uu.edu.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.