Job no: 516049
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Student Services
Reporting to the Director of Resources & Operations with work lead direction from the Program Director, under general supervision, the Program Analyst independently provides highly complex administrative analyst support to the Director, faculty, students and staff. This position is responsible for the program budget and office operations, maintaining the long-term fiscal continuity of the program and multiple funds. This position is responsible for analysis of operations, fiscal management, planning and administration of operational systems. This position also recommends to the director and faculty strategic choices and appropriate timing for program investment of resources. Responsibilities also include overseeing day-to-day administrative program operations.
- Manage overall program budget including revenue and expenditures. Reconcile expenditures. Make mid-year projections and perform year-end reconciliations.
- Project new revenue sources based on professional services offered. Reconcile with program budget.
- Analyze enrollment-planning data and work with Financial Analyst to assure scheduling, faculty appointments and program salary budgets are in alignment.
- Build and oversee systems of documentation for all budget related issues.
- Processes appointment and reappointment papers for each faculty member and ensure the correctness of the salary as coordinated with the Director and Dean’s Budget Office. Maintain confidential personnel files, absence reports, and other employment records for the Program.
- Process temporary faculty and student assistant appointments for the three-year, three semester program. (fall, spring, and summer)
- Organize and manage the student application and admission process
- Conduct analysis of student data related to retention, progress toward degree and graduation
- Responsible for course scheduling in PeopleSoft and coordinating with faculty and staff from other department to split fund the FTE assignments.
- Support Director in creating and submitting all program and curriculum materials.
- Manage program website, including design, updates and edits.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make projections using multiple sources of information
- Ability to compile, write and present reports related to the program
- Ability to learn PeopleSoft and University financial transaction system
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-orientated environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communication with employees and external agencies
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Ability to drive to off-site locations. Ability to pass the SJSU Defensive Driving Course.
- Thorough knowledge of methods, procedures and practices; English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format reports.
- Working knowledge of event planning and execution
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Public relations skills.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Experience with project management and planning for events/meetings
- Experience with budget management and producing reports
- Experience conducting research and analysis
- Experience working in an educational environment
- Experience providing with database management and administrative support
Classification: Administrative Analyst Specialist – Non-Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,308/month - $5,000/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,897/month - $7,051/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: July 1, 2022 through July 17, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at [email protected].
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at [email protected].
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: July 01, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled