Accountant IIIUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Office of Financial Aid and ScholarshipsRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$4,746.75 - $5,163.42Job Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
- Degree in Accounting or a Related Field
- Attention to Detail
- Work Experience in Financial Aid or Accounting
- Knowledge and Experience with Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Supervisory Experience
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Effective Research Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Work Experience with Budgets and Forecasts
- Quality Assurance Experience
- Financial Accounting System Experience
- Governmental Accounting Experience
- Decision-Making Skills
- Writing Skills
- Demonstrated Initiative
- Demonstrate High Attention to Detail
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Ability to Work Independently
Financial Aid and Scholarships at Texas State University seeks an experienced accountant and financial aid professional to work in the office’s accounting team.Job Duties:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, the Accountant III is responsible for managing the day-to-day reconciliation and reporting operations. These responsibilities include the coordination of university account reconciliations, budget modeling and forecasting, performing quality assurance, monitoring operating budgets, and overseeing the office’s federal and state reporting activities. In addition, this position is charged with ensuring compliance with financial aid regulations, resolving reporting-related customer service issues, and conducting job-related analysis and research.
The Accountant III is responsible for leading the accounting team and its operations by providing training and guidance in the performance of daily accounting duties, reviewing and ensuring effective and timely account reconciliations, analyzing data, preparing budgets to facilitate the effective management and utilization of federal, state and institutional funds, and monitoring the office’s operating accounts. This position is also tasked with keeping abreast of all pertinent federal and state financial aid regulations. In addition, this individual will be charged with preparing all federal and state end-of-year reports, supporting the reporting process with emphasis on quality control and compliance activities, and providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.Additional Information to Applicants:
Flexible schedules available, including part-time remote and four-day work weeks. Occasional overnight travel and work beyond normal 8-5 business hours may be required during peak business periods.Job Open Date:
Applicant will be required to attach a chart/table demonstrating how they meet each of the required qualifications of the job posting.
06/16/2022Open Until Filled:
YesNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, recommendation letter(s), list of references, and chart to your application.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Why work @ Texas State? :
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!Quick Link:
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.