Student Anatomy Lab Technician
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- 900 N Portland Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107 United States
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Research Staff & Technicians
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
900 N Portland
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Luke RhodesHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):9.25 - 9.25, Hourly Work Schedule:VariesJob Summary:Job Summary:
Providestechnical support for the delivery and maintenance of cadaver anatomy labs forthe science department under thedirection of the Anatomy Lab Technician, Department Head, and Lead Instructorof Anatomy. Additional duties may include support of science activities andday-to-day functions. Essential Job Functions:
Dissection and maintenance of human cadavers and the lab environment.
Record work performed in anatomy labs including, but not limited to, activities performed on cadavers.
Maintain a safe working environment in cadaver labs with appropriate collection and disposal of biological specimens. Any hazards are to be reported to the anatomy lab technician.
Monitor anatomy students in open lab sessions.
Maintain lab coats and other lab supplies for anatomy labs.
Completes all mandatory training.
Performs other duties as assigned. The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and Cover Letter required for full considerationEducation & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications:Education:
- Prerequisites include:
- Attaining a grade of “B” or better from either the OSU-OKC Human Anatomy course (BIOL2214) or BIOL1515 and BIOL1212. Recommendation from an OSU-OKC anatomy lab instructor. Must be currently enrolled in at least one class at OSU-OKC.
- Received a grade of “A” or “B” for Human Anatomy at OSU-OKC or similar course. Current student enrolled in at least one course at OSU-OKC.
- Adapt and apply laboratory methods and procedures. Ability to follow general safety standards for laboratory environments. Acts with integrity and displays responsible behavior. Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately. Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners. High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment. Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook). Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism. Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Prerequisites include:
- Attaining a grade of “A” from either the OSU-OKC Human Anatomy course (BIOL2214) or BIOL1515 and BIOL1212. Declared major in relevant subject area.
Recommendation from an OSU-OKC anatomy lab instructor.
Must be currently enrolledin at least one class at OSU-OKC
- Position may require up to 30% of the work week be performed outside of regular hours. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment. Shifts are 3-4 hours per day and a maximum of 20 hours per week. Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift) unassisted, bending, standing, repetitive motions, climbing ,walking and computer usage. Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment. Must be able to handle and safely dispose of chemicals, solutions, biohazardous material, and any other hazardous materials common to the science lab.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Oklahoma State University is a modern land-grant system that prepares students for success. Orange is the Answer. Through leadership and service, OSU improves the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation and the world. OSU has more than 35,000 students across its five-campus system with students from all 50 states and around 120 nations. Established in 1890, OSU has graduated more than 264,000 students to serve the state of Oklahoma, the nation and the world.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) is part of the modern land-grant system of Oklahoma State University. OSU-OKC is a two-year public institution, offering more than 50 degrees and certificate options. Through quality education, a supportive environment, leadership training and service opportunities, OSU-OKC trains students to work and educates them to lead. OSU-OKC graduates are found throughout the community serving as police officers, firefighters, nurses, teachers, healthcare professionals and business owners. osuokc.edu
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Oklahoma State University campuses are tobacco and vapor-free.
900 N Portland
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert