Date: June 14, 2022
Title: Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Description: Hartwick College, an NCAA Division III institution and member of the Empire 8 is accepting applications for a full-time, 9-month assistant coach for its men’s lacrosse program. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all facets of a competitive NCAA athletic program including but not limited to the recruitment and retention of qualified scholar-athletes, game-day preparation, practice implementation, support for the head coach and program, team management, community service projects, and fundraising. This position will also include other assignment(s) by the Director of Athletics. Position responsibilities must be completed in accordance with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, College, Empire 8, NCAA, and other related association rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach in all facets of a competitive NCAA athletic program including but not limited to the recruitment and retention of qualified scholar-athletes, game-day preparation, practice implementation, support for the head coach and program, team management, community service projects, and fundraising
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Participation in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend
- Expected to comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations
- As a representative of the College, expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with experience coaching and/or playing at the college or equivalent level required.
The successful candidate must possess computer skills, recruiting capabilities, leadership, role modeling, organizational, and interpersonal skills and must be knowledgeable of NCAA Division III rules and regulations. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their employment.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.”
Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders—what you do at Hartwick really matters.
Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process
All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.