Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Category: Administrative Faculty
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid will perform a variety of services related to the Direct Loan Program, meeting with students and families, and assisting the Director in day to day operations. Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- The Assistant Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the Federal Direct Loan Program, managing all Title IV funds across campus including ESR and graduate programs.
- Certifies and maintains all outside loan records
- Assists the director in packaging of all returning and new student awards.
- Completes setup and awarding for all of Earlhams graduate level programs
- Assists the Director with aid year set up and software implementation
- Works directly with students, staff, and faculty.
- Works closely with student accounts, advising students about balances and how to pay for them.
- Participates in enrollment confirmation and financial aid presentations on campus as needed
- Meets and advises prospective students, returning students, and their parents.
- A Bachelors degree is required, although a combination of education and experience will be considered
- A minimum of 5 years in an office setting with a record of Excellent written, oral and people skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner and Technolutions Slate
- Ability to multitask
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Punctuality and reliability
- Increased responsibility
:Please submit the following application materials through the Earlham Careers Portal
- Cover letter
- Statement on Diversity: a 300 - 500 word statement on how your values and leadership center on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in your work
- Contact information for three references
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Earlham College requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or apply for and receive a qualified exemption within two weeks of the employment start date.
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).Earlham’s Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify
to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.