Executive Assistant to the VP of Development Tracking Code903 - 280Job Description
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Development & Alumni Engagement is the primary administrative support staff person for the Vice President. This position also oversees administration for the Office of Development as it pertains to the VP.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct support to the Vice President. These duties include, but are not limited to, management of the VP’s calendar, scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, compiling, and preparing meeting materials as needed, creating and updating Outlook contact groups, making travel arrangements.
- Provide support to the Director of Strategic Initiatives on special initiatives as needed.
- In coordination with the Director of Strategic Initiatives assist with the management of the President's major gifts portfolios, make appointments with donors and schedule travel arrangements.
- Maintain Development & Alumni Engagement personnel records and manage and maintain salary and expense budgets.
- Responsible for talent management on-boarding to off-boarding.
- Project management on special events including invitations, RSVPs, event logistics, event flow/ scripts and special projects, as assigned
- Schedule, prepare, and coordinate joint board “All Boards” annual meeting as well as Board of Trustees Development Committee meetings.
- Coordinate closely with Development Operations on BOT and VIP Pledges reminders
- Coordinate internal staff events for Development & Alumni Engagement Division, i.e. holiday luncheon, planning meetings /workshops, etc.
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned.
ROUTINE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle telephone calls and visitors on behalf of the Vice President, providing information and assistance when appropriate.
- Maintain Outlook calendar for VP.
- Compose correspondence and fundraising proposals for the Vice President's signature.
- Proofread fundraising proposals prepared by the Development Office.
- Schedule appointments, arrange and confirm meetings, make travel arrangements, and prepare itineraries for the Vice President and when needed for Major Gifts Officers.
- Manage Vice President's portfolio and secures appointments with major gift donors and prospects
- Organizes office records.
- Serves as liaison between the Vice President and other Development & Alumni Engagement staff members and assists in problem solving.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and training/work experience
- Ability to compose effective correspondence and to perform complex office tasks without referral to a superior.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with internal and external inquiries and complaints, through friendly and helpful communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, other employees, and the public.
- Ability to secure appointments with major gift donors and prospects.
- Ability to supervise and delegate tasks with direction from the VP, as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree is desired; however, a substitution of a combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the degree.
- Previous experience providing administrative support is required, previous experience assisting Executives is preferred.
Salary Grade: 6
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job LocationDeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular