Community Assistant (CA) 2022/2023Student Position Type:
Federal Work StudyAppointment Type:
Monday – Friday Office Hours are from 8am – 6pm*Hiring Manager:
*Citrus, Oaks and Vista residence halls will remain open until 10pm Monday – Friday
This position works 2-15 hours per week, depending on the amount of Federal Work Study the student is awarded.
Please note that this is a position that is performed on campus. As such, the
hiring amount and scheduling student workers at work stations will follow county and state’s guidelines regarding COVID-19. Thanks for your understanding.
Tatiana PeregrinaJob Description Summary:
The Community Assistant (CA) is a position with the greatest opportunity to have a positive impact on students. Within the Housing & Residential Life network, you will be able to maximize your own potential and greatly enhance your University experience. We regard this position as an opportunity for developing leadership and a sense of responsibility. Being a CA is a learning experience that can greatly enhance your skillset and provide you the tools you need to prepare you for the workforce.Specific Duties:
• Check-in and check-out of residentsMinimum Qualifications:
• Perform lockout procedures
• Ensure approved flyers, brochures and notices are posted or distributed timely, including removing outdated posted communication
• Assist at campus events, including but not limited to Preview Day, Spotlight Weekend, Move-In Weekend, etc.
• Perform duties related to Residential Facilities concerns including reports, work orders, and other administrative duties as required.
• Know Housing policies and procedures contained in the Resident Handbook and website.
• Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and packages
• Attend mandatory all staff meetings and scheduled in-service training sessions
• Represent self and as a Housing & Residential Life team member in a professional manner in all phases of your responsibilities. Appropriate behavior, both on and off campus is expected, including, but not limited to, abiding by all University rules and regulations, all policies and procedures set forth in the Terms & Conditions of the Housing Agreement and Resident Handbook.
• Other tasks that are assigned by the Associate Director of Administrative Services and the Assignment Coordinator.
Must maintain a 2.5 GPA and be in good standing with the university.Benefits Summary:
Employees are eligible for the following benefits: Location:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
20191034SESpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume that includes any work experience or extra curricular activities you may have participated in such as volunteer work, baby sitting jobs, student leadership positions, etc. For resume assistance, feel free to contact the Career Center.Open Date:
The pay is $15.00/hr.
07/29/2022Open Until Filled: