Nursing Instructor (9-Month) - Marian University's Ancilla CollegeJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University’s Ancilla College seeks an Instructor of Nursing (9-Month) in the Leighton School of Nursing (LSON) to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing didactic, clinical, and laboratory instruction. Faculty are responsible for teaching, service, and scholarship, including participation in LSON and Marian University college-wide meetings. Faculty members must support the overall philosophy and goals of the nursing program and Marian University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Assists in developing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and modifying the total nursing curriculum.
- Collaborates with other faculty to ensure the design of nursing course reflects the philosophy, organizing framework, appropriate level objectives, and curriculum flow of the program. This includes selection of required textbooks in collaboration with other faculty, book representatives and completing textbook ordering process.
- Develop, administer, and evaluate courses each semester.
- Establishes clinical rotations for students in collaboration with the Clinical Outreach Coordinator.
- Monitors academic status of students enrolled in the course and provides counseling for those making unsatisfactory progress, in collaboration with Director of Nursing Student Success and Academic Advisor.
- Maintains written documentation records of student counseling and performance.
- Assesses and provides clinical orientation for students and preceptors.
- Assists with student recruitment, pinning ceremonies, and other activities.
- Participates in other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years’ obstetric experience in nursing practice, is required.
- Prior academic teaching at undergraduate level preferred.
- An earned Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is mandatory.
- A doctorate degree in nursing is preferred. Candidates with either proven or presumptive potential to obtain an appropriate terminal degree to be considered.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University. Must be willing and able to advance the University mission.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
P013FNumber of Vacancies:
2Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: