Adjunct Faculty, Chemistry - Marian University's Ancilla CollegeDivision:
The Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences at Marian University-Indianapolis seeks qualified applicants for adjunct faculty to teach general with labs and pre-nursing chemistry (GOB) with labs at our new location, Marian University’s Ancilla College, in Plymouth, Indiana. The curriculum taught is developed by the Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences and is well supported, including laboratory procedures, assessments and rubrics, using the Canvas learning management system. Required Qualifications:
Interested instructors should have a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or a closely related field and in interest in engaging with students in a small class environment. Students at Marian University’s Ancilla College are pursuing a variety of Associate’s Degrees including Veterinary, Nursing, and Exercise Science along with pre-nursing courses designed to transfer to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- A Master’s degree with graduate coursework in Chemistry is required; however, an earned doctorate, is preferred.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction of students of varying abilities at the university level.
- Demonstrated interest in science teaching pedagogy, curriculum and program development. Experience with online teaching is preferred.
- Potential for ongoing research, publication and activity in professional associations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current CV, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University’s Ancilla College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Posting Number:
P003ANumber of Vacancies:
2+Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quicklink for Posting: