PG191766EPInternal Recruitment :
Teaching Academic AdvisorAnticipated Hiring Range:
$55,000 - $65,000Work Schedule:
Flexible work arrangements possible. The standard schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with occasional evenings and weekends.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Engineering - Academic AffairsAbout the Department:
The Office of Academic Affairs seeks to enrich the academic success, engagement, opportunities, and skills of undergraduate students in the College of Engineering at NC State University by supporting a diverse learning environment that is respectful of 21st-century engineering challenges. We promote the engineering profession and an understanding of engineering concepts and habits of mind among a broad set of constituents.Essential Job Duties:
The Office of Academic Affairs in the College of Engineering serves approximately 7,000 undergraduate students with planned growth to serve 10,000 within the next few years.
Primary duties of the Teaching Academic Advisor position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teach multiple sections of introductory engineering courses each semester (a minimum of four). Advise prospective and admitted students on admission requirements, registration, course. selection, academic requirements, and other academic issues related to enrollment and student success.
- Assist with student programs such as orientations, welcome events, and First-year Engineering Design Day.
- Assist with recruiting events such as info sessions, open houses, and visitation days.
- Serve on relevant university and college committees, and develop collaborative relationships to advance department, college, and university goals.
Perform other related duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
Other Required Qualifications:
- Master of Science degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
- Some experience teaching and advising at the higher education level
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a variety of diverse audiences and constituencies
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Knowledge of best practices related to the delivery of academic support services
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Familiarity with North Carolina State University undergraduate academic programs and policies
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
06/01/2022Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
143201 - Engineering-Academic AffairsAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.