DIRECTOR OF CROSS PLATFORM COLLABORATION, WBUR Program & Production Tracking Code22500565780624Job Description
WBUR, Boston's NPR, is a public media leader committed to exceptional journalism on-air, online, on demand and on stage. Our mission is to serve the public, report the truth, and enrich lives. Our goal is to be the most trusted and beloved source of news in Boston and beyond. Were seeking a driven and detail-oriented editorial leader to oversee the development, coordination and execution of large scale, cross-platform projects working with editorial teams including the local newsroom, digital & newsletter teams, Here & Now, On Point, WBUR Podcasts and CitySpace.
The Director of Cross Platform Collaboration will report directly to the Chief Content Officer and will help elevate WBUR's editorial ambitions and be an architect of large, cross-platform experiences. The Directors role is expected to maintain a fast-paced, high-volume charge, collaborating across the organization with editorial teams and with the business units to create ambitious but realistic production schedules and output with a focus on audience and revenue growth.
- Oversee the planning, execution and performance measurement of cross-platform projects including broadcast, on-demand, newsletter, live event programming, and more.
- Serve as a key driver of these efforts, working with editorial leaders on deliverables, presentations and status reports as warranted.
- Lead planning and coordination efforts with internal and external teams to support their schedules, tracking, and communicating project delivery expectations with all key stakeholders.
- Assist WBUR and its stakeholders to define and plan prioritized project outcomes and measure goals.
- Lead standing editorial meetings for cross-platform special projects.
- Develop and maintain an effective communications cadence with stakeholders across WBUR including close contact with Business Partnerships, Development and Membership.
- Proactively identify each projects risks, issues and drive their resolution.
Measure & Improve:
- Utilize assessment indicators including program outlines, stakeholder objectives and contemporary metrics tools to carefully assess impacts and performance against each cross-platform project, while offering direction on improvement on future initiatives.
- Makes effective recommendations regarding personnel/staffing when necessary.
- In close concert with appropriate editorial and business stakeholders, craft thorough and persuasive narratives/pitches to articulate WBURs range of sharp ideas for sponsors and funders and for production and distribution.
- When necessary, lead pitch meetings.
- Establish partnerships with like-minded organizations
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required
- 8 years in an editorial role.
- Creative and nimble and can seize opportunities as they arise
- The ability to strategize on how editorial products serve audiences, including platform strategies specific to broadcast, digital, on-demand and on-stage programming
- Project management experience
- Proactive self-starter, comfortable driving multiple projects while simultaneously seeking to launch new ideas.
- A proven collaborator who can inspire teamwork and easily navigate between editorial and business units.
- Skilled in utilizing internal and external resources to accomplish goals
- Ability to quickly understand and assess opportunities and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions
- A diplomat, who seeks to drive results across the organization
- Deep understanding of the media landscape
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Highly organized - Highly analytical and data driven
- Adaptable and willing to approach tasks with speed and energy
- Technically savvy
- Excels at putting organizational systems into place.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular