Atlanta, Georgia Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The mission of the Georgia Tech Counseling Center is to enhance the academic and personal experience and success of all students by providing a variety of counseling and psychological services to students and the greater campus community. The Counseling Center accomplishes its mission by offering services that facilitate students’ personal development, assist in the alleviation, remediation, and prevention of distress, as well as services that educate students in ways that develop self-awareness, self-reliance, and self-confidence. These services are offered with respect for others, appreciation of individual differences, and compassion.
To accomplish this mission, the Counseling Center provides services and programs that:
- Enhance students’ self-awareness, interpersonal skills and personal development through individual, couples and group counseling, psychotherapy and educational workshops;
- Increase students’ self-knowledge and sensitivity to others through groups and workshops designed to foster an appreciation for differences;
- Enhance student academic skills and learning strategies through academic counseling and learning skills workshops;
- Support students’ career exploration; decision-making and professional growth by providing career counseling, assessment and workshops;
- Emphasize programming needs assessment and support to underserved populations in the Georgia Tech campus community;
- Provide crisis response and consultation to students, parents, faculty, student organizations and administrators within the Georgia Tech community;
- Facilitate therapists’ psychotherapeutic interventions through psychological testing and assessment;
- Advocate and support mental health in the Georgia Tech community through consultation, presentations and psychological workshops;
- Support the continued education and wellness of the Counseling Center staff through ongoing personal and professional development.
Provide direct counseling services to clients and participate in the training and supervision of practicum students and pre-doctoral interns. Provide consultation and outreach to students and campus groups. Provide after-hours on-call emergency consultation. The Division of Student Life is committed to effective, meaningful assessment of all programs and services. Position will be responsible and held accountable for the gathering, interpreting and analyzing of data for the purpose of continuous improvement. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Counseling Center staff, Office of the Dean of Students, students, faculty, staff and parents. This position will typically advise and counsel: students, faculty, staff. This position will supervise: NA
Job Duty 1 -
Provide initial screenings/intakes/assessment; provide individual, group and couples counseling.
Job Duty 2 -
Provide crisis intervention and after-hours emergency on-call coverage.
Job Duty 3 -
Provide outreach and consultation to campus community.
Job Duty 4 -
Supervise and train graduate-level trainees.
Job Duty 5 -
Establish liaisons with various campus organizations/groups.
Job Duty 6 -
Perform other duties as assigned
Doctorate in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program or equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Required Qualifications
Counseling experience within a counseling center setting
Three to five years job related experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Georgia psychology licensure or licensed as a psychologist in another state and eligible to obtain Georgia psychology licensure within one year
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Experience providing counseling services within a counseling center setting, and providing and development outreach programming. Management of social media platforms, website content management and development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Job Grade: S7
Background Check Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check. Please visit http://policylibrary.gatech.edu/employment/pre-employment-screening