Library Customer Service AssociateAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
LibraryProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Library Customer Service Associate provides circulation and reference services and supervises student employees and the building at night/weekends. Hours (Fall/Spring): Sunday, 3:00 pm – 12:00 am; Monday – Thursday, 4:00 pm – 1:00 am. Hours (Summer): Sunday, 1:00 pm – 10:00 pm, Monday – Thursday, 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises library service desk, student employees, and computer lab operations at night/weekends.
- Creates a positive patron experience by consistently delivering prompt exemplary customer service to students, faculty, and staff. Works collaboratively with the Research and User Engagement team to connect users with the information, services, collections, technology and personnel they need.
- Provides supervision of all areas of the library from 9:00 pm – closing and on weekends.
- Opens and closes the library at scheduled hours.
- Interviews, hires, trains, schedules, monitors and evaluates student employees, including coordinating their daily activities and projects.
- Provides access services, basic reference services, and technical assistance to faculty, staff, and students using a variety of methods, software, and resources (LibAnswers, Web Conferencing, chat, email, in-person, phone, etc.). Makes referrals to the librarians as necessary.
- Submits computer lab problem tickets to the CITE help desk.
- Assists with management of shifting projects, stacks maintenance and shelf reading.
- Maintains assessment data and statistics.
- Resolves customer problems and complaints. Interprets and enforces library policies.
- Contacts University Police Department (UPD) for building and other emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years of customer service or related experience. Knowledge of word processing, email, and spreadsheet applications. Attention to detail and project management skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities. Ability to communicate with diverse clientele at an academic library. Basic keyboarding skills.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: Ability to move medium weight boxes books, heavy book truck or similar items. Ability to handle material which can contain dust or microscopic mold spores. Ability to shift/relocate collections.
- Other Requirements: Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends. Attend trainings Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Use of cleaning supplies to sanitize study tables/rooms and clean white boards.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Two years of customer service experience. One year of supervisory experience. One year of library experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Graduate Students and Student Workers.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.