Employer Outreach & RelationsAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Career ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
The Employer Outreach & Relations is responsible for administering and supporting career programs and services, building relationships with constituents, and implementing student programming initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate marketing campaigns for career-related programs, fairs, and workshops targeting assigned colleges
- Use cascade for website design
- Pitch and create flyer ideas to print, broadcast, and digital media
- Develop a strategy to showcase student success stories and showcase students
- Assist in designing and implementing new methods, procedures, and systems (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the department
- Organize and maintain front desk and answer student worker questions, as needed
- Prepare and order materials for all programs and events
- Collaborate with the career coaches to strategize to market programs and services
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Develop and coordinate career related educational programs for classes, student organizations, groups of prospective students, and others as appropriate.
- Maintains assigned employer relationships to expand the range of employer recruiting activities.
- Implement a college specific student marketing plan to promote programs and services to students, faculty, and staff through the distribution of publications, personal contacts, and targeted correspondence.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations such as NCDA, NACE, TCDA, SoACE, or MAC3.
- Serve on relevant internal and external committees including, but not limited to Employer Advisory Boards
- Contribute to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- Perform other activities as necessary.
- Education: Bachelor’ degree.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years of related professional experience in Career Development, Employment Services, Recruiting/business functions, or a related function with transferable skills.
- Ability to: Strong analytical, decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking skills. Strong analytical, decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.