PT Counselor, Veteran's Resource Center
HR EMPLOYMENT/CAREERSAbout Us:
Foothill - De Anza is a multi-campus community college District located in the heart of Silicon Valley and serves communities of Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale and portions of San Jose.
Foothill College, which is located in Los Altos Hills, CA, values honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, forgiveness and sustainability. Believing a well-educated population is essential to sustaining and enhancing a democratic society, Foothill College offers programs and services that empower students to achieve their goals as members of the workforce, as future students, and as global citizens. We work to obtain equity in achievement of student outcomes for all California student populations, and are guided by our core values of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, forgiveness, and sustainability. Foothill College offers associate degrees and certificates in multiple disciplines, and a baccalaureate degree in dental hygiene.
De Anza College, which is located in Cupertino, CA, values and is committed to integrity, innovation, equity, developing the human capacity of all students' institutional core competencies and civic engagement for social justice. De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world. De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college's Institutional Core Competencies:
- Communication and expression
- Information literacy
- Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
- Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental awareness
- Critical thinking
Foothill - De Anza Community College District is establishing a “pool” of qualified applications for the position of Part-time Veteran's Counselor. Assignments may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives and will be filled on an as-needed basis. This is on-going recruitment, until otherwise noted and applications will remain on file for two (2) years from date received or last submitted. Minimum Qualifications:
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling OR the equivalent OR a Bachelor's degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.
: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.Preferred Qualifications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in providing counseling and career services to multi-ethnic and underrepresented students.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing academic, personal, career counseling to community college students, especially underprepared students.
- Ability to provide culturally relevant strategies for developing and teaching personal development, college success and/or career courses to underprepared students.
- Demonstrated experience in serving veteran students.
- Demonstrated experience in skills and strategies in effectively serving underrepresented students.
- Demonstrated experience in working closely and collaboratively with a team.
- Demonstrated strong communication, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with counseling related technology, educational planning software, and social media.
- Experience working in a student success program.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Reporting to the Dean of DRC/VRC. The candidate will work directly with veteran students to support them in achieving academic goals and provide counseling and advising services for students.
- This position is not a mathematics position, but experience with supporting students in mathematics and related STEM disciplines is highly preferred.
- Standard duties expected of all faculty include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attending department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, service on district and/or college committees, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also have the opportunity to participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
- Knowledge and experience in providing academic, personal, career counseling to community college students.
- Experience in serving veteran students.
- Ability to provide culturally relevant strategies for under-represented students
- Experience in effectively serving underrepresented students.
- Indoor, office environment.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (in the event you do not possess the required degree), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdfSalary Range:
Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience. For the part-time faculty salary schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_faculty-information.htmlBenefits:
Foothill De Anza Community College District offers a variety of voluntary fringe benefits for qualified part-time faculty, including medical, dental and vision insurance.
Foothill De Anza Community College District is available to assist persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process. Please contact Employment Services at [email protected]
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
Unfortunately, the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is not able to reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Email: [email protected]http://hr.fhda.edu/
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/4?c=fhda
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency